Governance of the School of Medicine
The primary governing bodies of UMW are the Executive Council and the Faculty Council. The Executive Council has student representation in the form of the SGA Chair.
The Faculty Council’s student representation includes one President from each school’s student representative body. No one other than these named positions are able to serve on these committees.
Committees that report directly to the Faculty Council and Executive Council include the following:
- Committee on Scientific & Research Affairs
- Faculty Council reports to Executive Council
- Information Technology Committee
- Intellectual Property Committee
- Library & Learning Committee
The Faculty Assembly and EPC shall advise the Faculty Council and Executive Council.
Applicability: All enrolled students
Date Revised: August 2015