UMass Memorial/University Campuses
UMass Memorial Medical Center is part of UMass Memorial Health Care (UMMHC), the largest health care system in Central Massachusetts. UMMHC is the clinical partner of UMass Medical School, and is home to some of the region’s most sophisticated medical technology, including the latest diagnostic and treatment options, research and clinical trials. With 781 beds, UMass Memorial Medical Center (UMMMC) has earned many distinctions, including:
- Accreditation by the American College of Surgeons as the only designated Level 1 Trauma Center for adults in Central Massachusetts;
- Home to the Duddie Massad Emergency and Trauma Center and Life Flight, New England’s first hospital-based air ambulance;
- The region’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unity, providing expert care for ill or premature newborns;
- Number 1 hospital in Massachusetts five years in a row for heart attach survival, according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services;
- A three-star rating from Consumer Reports for bypass cardiac surgery based on overall performance, complications and other quality measures.
The spectrum of services provided in a warm, professional atmosphere include specialists who are nationally acclaimed for their work in areas such as heart and vascular care; orthopedics, cancer, diabetes, surgery, newborn intensive care, emergency medicine and women’s services. Additionally, the Children’s Medical Center is the only children’s hospital in central Massachusetts, with more than 100 medical and surgical experts in 30 specialties.
UMMHC’s University Campus is located along Lake Quinsigamond at 55 Lake Avenue North, on the same campus as UMMS. The Memorial Campus is located at 119 Belmont Street. Learn more about UMass Memorial Health Care at http://www.umassmemorialhealthcare.org/