English as a Second Language (ESL) Classes
- Professional Conversation: Tuesdays, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., starting on January 19, 2016 and ending April 12, 2016, Room #S2-351, Main Campus, Worcester. Register here
- Modern American Discourse: Wednesdays, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., starting January 20, 2016 and ending April 6, 2016, Room #S2-351, Main Campus, Worcester. Register here
Professional Conversation: Students will engage in readings and discussions designed to enhance their English in professional settings. Each week will feature the study of an intermediate/advanced grammar topic and vocabulary based around U.S. culture and current events. The class will cater to students' particular interests and needs.
Modern American Discourse: Students will gain confidence in their ability to converse in English by building vocabulary, learning idioms and improving pronunciation while reading aloud and discussing texts centered on American culture, traditions and current affairs. Individual retention of material will be reinforced through practical exercises and role-playing activities. Class work will be geared towards student’s language needs and any cultural questions that may arise.
To learn more about the classes, click here.
BuyWays Requisitioner Training
- Thursday, February 25, 2016, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., South Street Learning Center, in the South Street Campus. Register here
- Thursday, March 17, 2016, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., South Street Learning Center, in the South Street Campus. Register here
UMass BuyWays is the University's one-stop shopping system for eProcurement users. This module describes the procedures related to the role of Requisitioner.
Summit Finance Dashboard for Administrative Departments
- Thursday, February 25, 2016, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., online from your workstation. Register here
This live online webinar gives you the tools to navigate through the Administrative Department Summit Dashboards. This dashboard has been tailor designed to meet the Financial Reporting needs of the Administrative Departments at the University who manages Budget and Fund Balance Funds. Login at your desk and you will learn about the University’s new Business Intelligence tool- Summit. The Department Administrative Dashboard provides you with budgeting tools for both Fund Balance and Budget balance funds. Note: You will need a PeopleSoft Login for this class. If you have not received one yet, complete the Finance Security Form located on the Finance intranet site under System Support.
Summit Finance Dashboard for Academic Departments
- Friday, February 26, 2016, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., online from your workstation. Register here
This live online webinar gives you the tools to navigate through the Academic Administrator, PI and Pre Award Summit Dashboards where you can manage your Sponsored Projects and Non Sponsored Project as well as your Budget and Fund Balance Funds. The Pre Award Dashboard allows you to view proposal information for your department including demographic information, budget data and success rates. Login at your desk to learn about the University’s Business Intelligence tool- Summit. Summit provides a web-based interface that is both intuitive and interactive. In addition to housing all of the financial information contained in your current reports, the tool enables users to see at a glance alerts indicating where action may need to be taken.
Expense Module Training
- Tuesday, March 1, 2016, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., online from your workstation. Register here
This live online class reviews the process for entering, printing and submitting expense reports electronically through PeopleSoft. This class is intended for Trip Preparers or any traveler who wants to enter his/her own expenses through PeopleSoft.
Lean White Belt Certification
- Tuesday, March 22, 2016, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., HR Training Room, in the South Street Campus. Register here
- Friday, June 17, 2016, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., HR Training Room, in the South Street Campus. Register here
Lean is a process methodology for improving customer service, staff satisfaction, quality, safety, and efficiency. The core idea is to maximize value for the customer while minimizing waste. This one-day interactive course will help you develop the skills necessary to apply Lean problem solving and process efficiency tools in your work area. You will participate in interactive exercises to learn some basic tools that you can apply in your work environment immediately.
Archibus Space Survey Training
This class is to train designated department users on the Archibus online space survey system. It is intended for department administrators and staff who will be doing the annual space survey.
ECRT Effort Reporting Upgrade Training
This training is for designated department users of ECRT, the online effort certification system. The class will demonstrate to users the new ECRT upgrade system and show them how to accomplish their effort certification reviews and tasks, as well as the tasks required of their Principal Investigators.
ECRT & Space Survey Lab ECERT102
The lab is for department administrators and staff who have already been trained in ECRT (effort certification system) and Archibus (online space survey system). The lab provides guidance in resolving certain issues or tasks departments may have in the effort certification or space survey processes.