The Compensation Department at the University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS) is committed to designing, developing and implementing competitive programs and practices. UMMS provides a nondiscriminatory merit-based compensation program, reflective of an employees’ level of contribution to the University.
Examples of the Compensation Department's responsibilities include:
- Develop and administer merit programs, salary increases, and track performance review ratings
- Participate in market salary surveys and evaluate UMMS positions in relation to comparable positions at other places of employment
- Work with managers to evaluate position descriptions
- Collaborate with departments on organizational structure
- Assist with salary offers to candidates
You can count on the support of knowledgeable and responsive Compensation team members.
For questions or requests, please contact your Compensation Specialist listed below:
Employees should discuss any compensation-based questions with their managers.