Search Close Search
Page Menu

Immigration Attorneys

Unless you have been approved for UMass Chan sponsored U.S. permanent residency, the Immigration Services Office cannot refer you to a specific attorney. In the case where you have been approved for sponsorship of an application for U.S. permanent residence based on your position at UMass Chan, we require that you work with one of the immigration attorneys listed below. We have agreements with these firms to process our Permanent Resident applications and they are therefore knowledgeable about internal UMass Chan procedures for such applications:


Curran, Berger & Kludt
79 Masonic Street
Northampton, MA 01060


Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
100 High Street, 3rd Floor
Boston, MA 02110


Iandoli Desai & Cronin P.C.
Attorneys at Law
38 Third Avenue
Suite 100 East
Boston, MA 02129


If you have not been approved for UMass Chan sponsored U.S. Permanent Resident application and/or have other personal immigration issues that you need to discuss with a qualified immigration attorney, you are welcome to contact one of the UMass Chan approved immigration attorneys or choose from a number of qualified immigration attorneys in the Boston / Central Massachusetts area. 

You may search the following referral services to find an immigration lawyer that suits your particular needs:

The American Immigration Lawyers Association
FindLaw West Legal Directory
The Immigration Portal (scroll down to "find a lawyer" section)
The National Consortium of Immigration Law Firms

University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School approved attorneys may submit applications for UMass Chan sponsored employees only when they have received authorization from either the Senior Manager, Compliance and Immigration, or the University Chancellor’s office. For Medical School employees, Immigration Services completes all of the necessary paperwork for H-1B, J-1, F-1, E, and TN status.

Any employee who requires the submission of a different non-immigration visa petition or a Labor Certification/ Immigrant Visa Petition, must first consult with the Immigration Services Office. By initiating the visa sponsorship in this manner, we will be able to monitor the process of the visa, and confirm that the employing department is interested in the continued employment/ support of the individual.