For Patients and Families
As the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Department of Psychiatry, and a national leader in public sector psychiatry, we integrate our clinical, research, teaching and community partnership activities to help individuals and families transform their lives through recovery from mental illness and addiction. Our faculty and staff work and provide services at many sites throughout Central Massachusetts.
Please feel free to roam our virtual department on-line. You will find information about our faculty, research projects, clinical sites, training departments and community partners.
For help with more specific questions:
The UMMHC University Campus provides emergency, outpatient and inpatient services in the state-of-the-art facilities.
- Emergency Mental Health: 508-856-3562
- University Outpatient Psychiatry Department: 508-856-2551
- For urgent, non-emergency care or to make an appointment, click here.
- Inpatient Services
Community Healthlink, Inc. provides community-based comprehensive mental health, substance abuse, rehabilitation, homeless and related services in Central Massachusetts.
Youth and Family Services
Adult Outpatient Services
Homeless and Inpatient Services
UMass Memorial Health Care Hospitals
The UMass Department of Psychiatry has academic partnerships with the Bedford, Boston, Fitchburg and Northampton Veterans’ Affairs Health Care systems.
- For the Worcester area VA, please call 508-856-0104
- For the Fitchburg area VA, please call 978-342-9781
- For the Bedford VA Hospital, please call 781-687-2000
- For the Boston VA Hospital, please call 617-323-7700
- For the Northampton VA Hospital, please call 413-584-4040
For more information: