Thought for the Day
“Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.”- Anonymous
Sometimes we put too much pressure on ourselves. We get caught up in obtaining the next best thing - technology, automobiles, homes, etc. We go, go, go and never stop to reflect or be content with what we have. We are fortunate and have many wonderful things in our lives to rejoice about.
Today, stop and reflect on what you have, where you are, and the people around you. Be content and rejoice in the way things are today.
To receive a weekly Thought for the Day email, click here.
Free anonymous screening is available for depression, alcohol abuse, bipolar disorder, eating disorders, generalized anxiety disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder and adolescent depression.
Click here to start a free anonymous screening now.
News You Can Use
- Cultivating the Mind: The Basics - October 27
- A Graceful Journey Into Motherhood: A Workshop for New Mama's and Mama's-to-Be - October 28
- Self Care and Mindfulness for Educators, Youth Workers and Parents - November 3, 2018
- Holistic Healing & Recovery Through Integrative Medicine Conference - December 7, 2018
- Suicide Loss Support Series - ongoing
- Global Online Meditation Community - ongoing
- Navigating School and Work with a Serious Mental Health Condition - Free Online Webinar
- Mindful Eating - weekly classes with rolling admissions, join any time
- Worcester Community Connections Coalition & Worcester Family Resource Center
- Worcester Family Partnership - provides support services to families with children birth to school age
- Mindfulness Practice Opportunities
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program (MBSR)
- Hope Floats Healing and Wellness Center
- Simonds-Hurd Complementary Care Center
- Heartwell Institute
News You Can Use
- 6 Tips to Boost Your Immune System
- 10 Important Steps for Parenting Young Athletes
- What Do I Do If My Child Is Bullied?
- How to Fight Depression: 20 Things to Try
- Gaming Disorder: Is It a Real Illness?
- How to talk to your boss about mental health
- 10 Tips on How to Live Your Best Life
- Ways to Embrace Your Sense of Humor for a More Fulfilling Life
- What’s REALLY Scary about Mental Health
- How Meditation Can Help You Work Smarter
- Why Relationships Are the Secret to Healthy Aging
- How to Handle Difficult Conversations
- Not So Social Media: How Social Media Increases Loneliness
- How to Avoid the Health Risks That Come With Financial Stress
- Coping with Weight Means Coping with Life
- Protecting Your Identity
- Be Informed for Emergencies from Ready.gov
- When Media Coverage Becomes Too Much
- Resources for Survivors and the Public Following Disaster and Mass Violence