Thought for the Day
“If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.” - William Arthur Ward
Imagine yourself as you wish to be – walking with confidence, freedom, and fearlessness; managing stress or frustration with exercise and effective communication; socializing with ease and appreciation; feeling peaceful and content. Understand that your dreams are attainable. Allow your dreams to guide your intention and actions. Dream to live as a healthier person today and always – free, confident, and content. Believe that imagination and dreams are achievable.
Set an intention and use the power of thought to facilitate your efforts in changing behavior. Imagine and dream exactly how you want to be with the new behavior change. Close your eyes, visualize, and feel handling life without negative behaviors. Play-out certain situations in your mind so when you are confronted with them, you will be prepared on how to respond as you would desire to.
What are your dreams? Use your imagination today to achieve success and become what you dream of.
To receive a weekly Thought for the Day email, click here.
Free anonymous screening is available for depression, alcohol abuse, bipolar disorder, eating disorders, generalized anxiety disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder and adolescent depression.
Click here to start a free anonymous screening now.
News You Can Use
- Free Fun Fridays! Free admissions to MA museums every Friday throughout the summer!
- Mindfulness Techniques for the Back to School Transition (Parent/Child Make & Take Workshop) - August 19
- Bent on Somnolence - Movie Screening - August 25
- A Challenging yet Motivating Journey: The Experiences of Young Adult Parents with Serious Mental Health Conditions - August 29
- Navigating A Graceful Transition: Your New Best Life - September 6
- MBSR: Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction - In person and online - Begins week of September 24
- A Mindful Way Through Depression - MBCT: Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy - Begins week of September 24
- Parent Connect. Free! Monthly parent/caregiver group - First Friday of each month
- Navigating School and Work with a Serious Mental Health Condition - Free Online Webinar
- Mindful Eating - weekly classes with rolling admissions, join any time
- Worcester Family Partnership - provides support services to families with children birth to school age
- Mindfulness Practice Opportunities
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program (MBSR)
- MBSR Self-Paced Video program via Sounds True
- Hope Floats Healing and Wellness Center
- Simonds-Hurd Complementary Care Center
- Heartwell Institute
News You Can Use
- Summer Programs Resource Listing for Worcester MA
- 2018 Summer Camps and Programs for Children in Massachusetts
- Helping Kids Through New School Year Transitions
- Managing Back-To-School Stress
- Why We Worry All the Time
- Going Back to School Doesn’t Have to Be Hard
- Are Smartphones Bad for Teen Mental Health?
- The Power of Music: To Feel, Heal, and Connect
- 7 Signs Your Weekend Drinking May Actually Be High-Functioning Alcoholism
- Suicide Prevention Resources and Information
- What to Do When a Loved One Is Severely Depressed
- Bottled-Up Emotions at Work Lead to Burnout
- Forgiveness Is an Inside Job
- Can Optimism Make a Difference in Your Life?
- How to Avoid the Health Risks That Come With Financial Stress
- 5 Lessons for Staying Active from Those Who Live to 100
- Coping with Weight Means Coping with Life
- Protecting Your Identity
- What You Practice Grows Stronger
- Employee’s Guide: Sexually Harassed — What Should I Do Next?
- Executive Orders Impacting Immigration - Resources
- Be Informed for Emergencies from Ready.gov
- Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery Guide
- The Opioid Epidemic
- When Media Coverage Becomes Too Much
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Mass Shootings
- Managing your distress in the aftermath of a shooting - American Psychological Association (APA)
- Resources for Survivors and the Public Following Disaster and Mass Violence
- Confidential Free Mental Health Screening
- Quit Smoking: Resources and Tips
- Addiction Resources
- Meditation Resources
- Mental Health Resources