Governance and Policies
In accordance with University policy, the Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA) oversees faculty governance and policy. The OFA supports many of the Medical School governance bodies and faculty committees, including the Faculty Council, Executive Council and Nominations Committee. In addition, the Office organizes various work groups and task forces related to academic policies and procedures.
Academic Personnel Policy
- The Academic Personnel Policy of The University of Massachusetts Medical School ("APP", Doc. T95-022, as Amended by the Board of Trustees December 8, 2017) defines academic procedures (appointment, promotion, termination) for UMMS faculty.
- Faculty in the Graduate School of Nursing (GSN) are also governed by the GSN Policies & Procedures: Appointment, Promotion & Tenure
Revision of the Academic Personnel Policy: click here to learn more!
Campus Governance Document
- Governance Document of The University Of Massachusetts Worcester (Doc. T03-035, as Amended by the Board of Trustees September 18, 2013)
- Bylaws of The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences of the University Of Massachusetts Worcester (Approved 4/8/2014) — download
- Bylaws of The Graduate School of Nursing of the University Of Massachusetts Worcester (Approved 6/5/2014) — download
- Bylaws of TheSchool of Medicine Bylaws of the University Of Massachusetts Worcester (Revised 6/13/2016) — download
Revision of the UMMS Governance Document & Establishment of School Bylaws: click here to learn more!
Programs, Centers and Institutes
- UMMS Policy on Centers & Institutes
- Guidelines Regarding Relationship between Departments and Programs around faculty personnel policies and procedures
Other Institutional Policies and Guidelines
- UMMS Policies & Procedures (intranet site)
- Faculty Grievance Procedure
- Intellectual Property Policy
- Conflicts of Interest
- Policy on Faculty Consulting and Outside Activities
- Policy for Responding to Allegations of Scientific Misconduct
- Postdoctoral Procedures & Practices
- Credit Hour & Audit Policy
- Effort Commitments and Salary Changes Policy
- University Employees and Political Campaigns