Appointments with cBCD staff
We are happy to meet individually with any current or former GSBS student or postdoc.
What might we discuss in an appointment?
In an appointment, you can discuss anything related to your career development. Common topics include:
- Your Individual Development Plan
- Feedback on your CV, resume, biosketch, cover letter, teaching philosophy statement, or other job search materials
- Strategies for obtaining additional experience needed for your future career of interest
- Planning for an upcoming difficult conversation with a colleague or mentor
- Preparing for a career transition
- Preparing or practicing for an interview
- Discussing an offer letter, interviewing, and negotiation
Appointments are typically 30 minutes long. The number of appointments is limited to 5 per year for current students and postdocs, and 2 per year for former students and postdocs.
To schedule an appointment
Appointments with cBCD staff are scheduled by Mindy Donovan. Please call Mindy at 508-856-5938 or email her to schedule an appointment.
Additional sources of support at UMMS
For students: Student counseling services & GSBS Office of Academic Affairs (Dr. Mary Ellen Lane)
For postdocs: Employee assistance program & GSBS Office for Postdoctoral Scholars