Launch your job search
Gear up for the job hunt
- Start early....by building your network! The majority of jobs are obtained through people, not postings. Hopefully, you've done plenty of networking along the way. If you need to catch up, prioritize networking at least 4-6 months prior to applying for positions.
- Keep both your personal and professional networks informed of your interests, plans, and timeline. You never know where or when a job lead may come.
- Create/update your LinkedIn profile and use the GSBS LinkedIn Group for networking. Here are some tips to get you started. NOTE: LinkedIn is commonly used in the USA, but different countries use other equivalent online networking sites.
- Check out the Job Search Skills section of the cBCD Special Collection in the Lamar Soutter Library for more.
- Request to reserve the GSBS office conference room for a phone, online, or in-person interview or career-related meeting (tele- and video- conference equipment available)
- Make an appointment to discuss confidentially any aspect of the search, application, and hiring process - including review of application materials, mock interviews, negotiation strategy, etc.
Going on the market
You'll need to use your network to find out the specifics of the job search process for different career pathways, but here we're providing some guidance to get you started.
In this section, job search tips for