What's offered... for Alumni & Partners
We welcome your participation in our programs so that we can provide UMMS trainees with the most relevant, current information about the diverse range of career pathways available to Ph.D.-trained scientists from the perspectives of professionals in the field.
- Donate to the cBCD (select "Center for Biomedical Career Development" from the drop-down menu). Even small donations add up, and send an important message that career development is important.
Contribute to our efforts
Follow a link below or contact us to contribute in any of these ways. Thank you!
- Join the GSBS LinkedIn group (open to all current and former UMMS GSBS students and postdocs). The group provides an opportunity for networking amongst current and future alumni. And, your career history will inspire other UMMS trainees and alumni.
- Donate your job search materials (CV/resume, cover letter, and job description). We want to share sample application packages with current trainees in workshops and/or on the website. All materials will be de-identified by our staff prior to use.
- Consider making yourself available for informational interviews or becoming a mentor for trainees interested in your field of expertise.
- Participate as a guest scientist at an upcoming career panel or networking event.
- Contact the Industry Exploration Program (IndEx) if you are a New England company interested in hosting UMMS PhD students and postdocs for a site visit at your facility.
- Provide an opportunity for Ph.D. students and postdoctoral scholars to shadow, receive training, or intern at your organization.
Publicize open positions or events
- We publish a weekly digest of events and open positions to our students and postdocs. Please send requests to GSBScareer@umassmed.edu.