What's offered... for Alumni & Partners
We welcome your participation in our programs so that we can provide UMMS trainees with the most relevant, current information about the diverse range of career pathways available to Ph.D.-trained scientists from the perspectives of professionals in the field.
- Donate to the cBCD (select "Center for Biomedical Career Development" from the drop-down menu). Even small donations add up, and send an important message that career development is important.
Contribute to our efforts
Follow a link below or contact us to contribute in any of these ways. Thank you!
- Join the GSBS LinkedIn group (open to all current and former UMMS GSBS students and postdocs). The group provides an opportunity for networking amongst current and future alumni. And, your career history will inspire other UMMS trainees and alumni.
- Donate your job search materials (CV/resume, cover letter, and job description). We want to share sample application packages with current trainees in workshops and/or on the website. All materials will be de-identified by our staff prior to use.
- Connect with GSBS trainees interested in your field of expertise for an informational interview.
- Join us at our annual Career Pathways Celebration (Fall) or Life After the PhD (Spring) networking events. Alumni: Attend the "Life After the PhD" event and stay for the rest of the annual Alumni Reunion; we'd love to see you there!
- Participate as a guest scientist at an upcoming career panel, Career Pathways Community, or for an informal Career Chat.
- Offer an opportunity for Ph.D. students and postdoctoral scholars to shadow, receive training, or intern at your organization.
- Contact the Industry Exploration Program (IndEx) if you are a New England company interested in hosting UMMS PhD students and postdocs for a site visit at your facility.
Publicize open positions or events
- We publish a weekly digest of events and open positions to our students and postdocs. Please send requests to GSBScareer@umassmed.edu.
Take advantage of our programs
- We welcome you to participate in our on-campus workshops (nearly all are open to alumni, partners, and other scientists).
- Navigating a career transition? We are happy to meet with you. Alumni have access to two confidential individual appointments per year.
- Sign up to receive our cBCD Weekly Highlights newsletter to be connected to regional events and resource highlights.