Develop your professional skills
As outlined in the GSBS learning objectives, numerous skills are essential for success in science. As you develop your IDP and progress through your training, we encourage you to improve professional skills critical for your own development.
Assess your skills
Develop your skills
Developing a skill requires three essential steps:
- Get training. Attend a workshop, take a course, read an article or book, observe someone who excels at the skill. These are all ways to add strategies to your toolbox.
- Practice. Consider ways you can deliberately
- Get feedback. Assess your progress, identifying areas where you have improved and areas for continued growth.
Professional skills essential to success in science
Coming soon on this website… strategies and resources for developing your skills in areas such as:
- Visualizing data
- Mentoring, management and leadership
- Professional and ethical conduct