"Life After the Ph.D." Alumni Networking Event
Saturday, May 6, 2017 | 3:45 - 5:45 p.m. | Room S2-309
Organized by the Graduate Student Body Committee and IndEx in partnership with the GSBS Center for Biomedical Career Development.
Alumni and current GSBS trainees came together to discuss topics at the intersection of science, career, and life. Participants rotated through tables in a small-group speed networking format to meet fellow alumni, students, and postdocs via discussion of common interests. This event culminated with informal networking and an opportunity to challenge new (or old) acquaintances in a variety of outdoor/indoor games.
Table discussion leaders included:
- Kamna Aggarwal, (PhD '10) Medical Writer at Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Shovon Ashraf, (PhD '01) Associate at Goodwin
- Laurie Boyer, (PhD '01) Associate Professor of Biology at MIT
- Randy Brutkiewicz, (PhD '93) Professor of Microbiology & Immunology; Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies at Indiana University School of Medicine
- Loree Griffin Burns, (PhD '97) Scientific Writer and Public Speaker
- Ken Campellone, (PhD '03) Assistant Professor of Molecular and Cellular Biology at University of Connecticut
- Carina Clingman, (PhD '14) Scientific Recruiting Consultant at Talent Lab Consulting
- Rachel Roth Flach, (postdoc '15) Principal Scientist at Pfizer
- Robyn Marty-Roix, (PhD '10, postdoc '15) Medical Device Biocompatibility Specialist at Vendorpass
- Yuly Fuentes-Medel, (PhD '11) Executive Director at Descience-Research on the Runway
- Jennifer Griffin, (PhD '11) Senior Consultant at Back Bay Life Science Advisors
- Mary Pickering, (PhD '06, postdoc '09) Visiting Assistant Professor of Biotechnology at Assumption College
- Lu-Ann Pozzi, (PhD '04) Program Manager at Office of Fellowship Training at Boston Children's Hospital; Director of Science Shaping Our World at Munevar & Associates Inc.
- Jeff Shearstone, (PhD '11) Associate Director at Acetylon Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Djade Soumana, (PhD '15) Sales Specialist at GE Healthcare Life Sciences
- Bruce Wentworth, (PhD '86) Lead Consultant/Principal Owner at BMW Research Consulting