Buscar Close Search
Page Menu


FamiliesThere are specific requirements for families coming from other countries and working in the United States.

Below you will find required paperwork for child care and general guidelines for child care options.

From day care centers to home day cares and babysitters, there are many option to choose from that can fit your family's needs. Below is more information about these options:

  • Families must bring medical records for their children to prove they have been immunized. Massachusetts requires proof of immunization for children before they can participate in child care programs.
  • Program fees vary. You can expect to spend from $5 to $10, or more, per hour for a child care program and about $8 to $13 per hour for occasional care or child care in your home.
  • UMass Chan sponsors two childcare centers for infants, toddlers and preschool care. There may be waiting lists, so parents are encouraged to make contact early.
  • For more information, including tuition rates and space availability email Charlotte Sudyka at charlotte.sudyka@brighthorizons.com or call (774)-455-5437.

Click the highlighted links below to learn more.