Buscar Close Search
Page Menu

Divorce and Remarriage

If your former spouse is covered by your health insurance plan, you must complete the GIC Insurance Enrollment and Change Form (Form 1) to cancel his/her coverage. Please send this form along with a copy of your new marriage certificate and your former spouse's last known home address, to the Benefits Department in the HR Service Center.

If your former spouse is included under your health insurance coverage and s/he is getting remarried, you must contact the Benefits Department in the HR Service Center. You will need to send a letter with the remarriage date of your former spouse and your former spouse’s last known home address in writing to the Director of Operations at the Group Insurance Commission (GIC). Your former spouse may apply for COBRA coverage by completing the Dependent COBRA application and sending it directly to the GIC.

To access benefit forms, click the Benefit Forms button below (or on the top navigation bar):