UMass Medical School HR Compliance
The UMMS HR Compliance Office provides the following:
• Monitoring developments in Congress, federal agencies, and in the courts for information that may be pertinent to Human Resources.
• Facilitating policy development within Human Resources
• Alerting Human Resources to issues of interest identified by federal and state agencies such the Department of Labor, Department of Homeland Security, and others
• Monitoring University payments made to foreign nationals (scholarships, fellowships, wages, honoraria) for appropriate tax treatment
• Overseeing the employment authorization (I-9) process and providing training to departments
Please email the UMMS HR Compliance Office if you have any questions or concerns.