- UMass Freshmen Year
- Students interested in medicine should notify their premed advisor of interest in the BaccMD Program.
- Interested students should participate in BaccMD Book of the Month Club, attend Annual Symposium, and attend any BaccMD informational on campus to speak with program coordinators.
- UMass Sophomore Year
- Students apply to be Medical Scholars at the end of the fall semester of their sophomore year. Information about the application process and how to apply can be found on the "Application Process" and "Apply Now" tabs.
- Medical Scholars are required to participate in the Summer Enrichment Program (SEP) during the summer between sophomore and junior year and the Summer Clinical Immersion Experience (SEII) during the summer between junior and senior year.
- Both programs are residential programs held at the UMass Worcester Campus.
- UMass Junior Year
- Medical Scholars can apply for provisional acceptance to the SOM in January of their junior year when fall transcripts become available.
- Provisional Acceptance applications include
- Mock AMCAS application, official transcript, GPA estimator, letter of recommendation from the premed advisor and one additional faculty member, and recommendation from the UMass Summer Enrichment Program.
- Provisional Acceptance is granted by a vote of the SOM Admissions Committee.
- UMass Sennior Year
- Medical Scholars with Provisional Acceptance submit a complete AMCAS application through the Early Decision (ED) Process and participate in the Multiple Mini Interview. Medical Scholars who satisfy the conditions of admissions to the SOM are presented to the SOM admissions Committee as ED applicants for a vote for acceptance.
- Medical Scholars who decided not to apply ED forfeit provisional acceptance, but can apply to the SOM with the general applicant pool.
▴ Back To Top