Audio Conference Bridge
The Avaya Audio Conference Bridge is an available service provided by the University. For more information please contact the Information Technologies Helpdesk at 6-8643 or via email Helpdesk@umassmed.edu.
To ensure that all Participants hang up properly from the Conference Bridge, the Moderator should Terminate the Participants at the end of every Conference by using the following method: Press: ##
- Polycom speaker phones should be used with the conference bridge when one is available. A Polycom contains a full duplex speaker phone which allows calls to be clear and free of interference.
- Do not place your telephone on hold. Music on hold will play to everyone until the line is picked up.
- Use the "Mute" Button on your telephone, if you need to step away
- Participants using their regular office phone should use a headset or the handset, not the speaker phone. An office telephone may cause the call to cut in and out if the speaker is on.
- Polycom Speaker Phones should be used with the conference bridge when one is available. A Polycom contains a full duplex speaker phone which allows calls to be clear and free of interference.
For more information or to setup an account, please contact the Information Technology HelpDesk. Provide your name, supervisor/managers name and department and a Communication Technologies representative will contact you to review the process.
Note: Three (3) business days are required to create your account. Once created, you can use the system as needed by using the instructions below.
After your account has been established you can access the system following the directions below:
- Dial 6-8222 from an internal line on the UMass Medical School system or Dial (508) 856-8222 from an external line outside of the UMass Medical School system.
- At the voice prompt: Enter you Moderator or Participant Security Code and Press the # Key.
The Audio conference Bridge telephone number is (508) 856-8222. There are two login options available:
- Dial 6-8222 from an internal line on the UMass Medical School System or
- Dial (508)856-8222 from an external line outside of the UMass Medical School System.
Note: You will not be able to use this system unless you have had an account setup and have your Moderator/Participant security code available.
No. We recommend you request your own account. Otherwise it is possible to "collide" with another conference call.
Moderators are allowed to record the conference call and listen to it at a late time. The recorded conference call will be available to re-play up to 5 business days after the actual call. To record a conference call the moderator should follow the directions below:
- Press *2 - To Active the Record Mode
- The moderator will be asked to enter a conference file number. ( Any number of your choice can be entered) Then Press #.
Important: Write your chosen conference file number down as it will be needed to retrieved the recorded call. The system will associate this with number with your moderator code.
- Press 1 - To start conference recording or Press *- To cancel recording mode.
Note: If the moderator starts the recording feature before all participants enter the call, the names of each participant will be recorded as they enter that session. The recording feature will end when the Moderator hangs up and disconnects the call.