2019 Summer Undergraduate Research Program
Applications must be submitted online from the "Apply Now" tab. Applications will be available on November 15, 2018. The application submission deadline is March 15, 2019.
Students offered acceptance and placed on the alternate list must have the Registrar at their current institution submit an official transcript that includes the spring 2019-semester courses or a letter from Registrar by email or mail confirming spring 2019 enrollment. Students who fail to meet this requirement will not be able to participate in the program.
The online application must include the following upload documents:
- A current resume
- Copy of a current unofficial transcript
- Copy of previous undergraduate institution transcripts
- A personal statement (1-2 pages describing personal background interest & why you would like to be part of this program)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (uploaded by recommenders)
The application submission deadline is March 15, 2019
All participants must be at least eighteen years old, matriculating and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to apply, GPA/must be in good academic standing. Participants cannot be receiving funding from any other sources during the program. Participants MUST have proof of health insurance coverage prior to acceptance to the program.
***College seniors who will have graduated by the time the program starts in June are not eligible.***
When submitting an application please check off one of the following funding sources:
- To be eligible for NIH funding at least ONE of the following requirements must apply:
- Member of a racial or ethnic group under-represented in biomedical research (African American, Native American [Hawaiian and Alaskan] and Hispanic/Latino)
- Family meets criteria for disadvantaged (economic or educational) status
- Presently receive accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Participants who do not meet any of the criteria above, please select SURE funding