Fall 2018 In-Person
Recorded Motivational Interviewing Lessons
Once the course is opened, you may access content and materials at any time.
Students should watch each Lesson before participating in the related, live online practice session.
Live Active Practice Interactive Workshops at UMass Medical School, Worcester
Location: UMass Medical School, Room S2-352
All sessions run on Thursdays, 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM Eastern Time
- Session 1 - November 8, 2018
- Session 2 - November 29, 2018
- Session 3 - January 10, 2019
- Session 4 - February 7, 2019
- Session 5 - March 14, 2019
- Session 6 - April 4, 2019
Additional Required Individual Training
For successful completion of the course, all learners must schedule and participate in two Acting Patient Encounters and two Individual Coaching Sessions. Each of these individual learning experiences is completed by telephone.
Instructions on how to schedule will be provided during the first session.
- Acting Patient Encounter 1: Completed between Group Learning Sessions 1 and 2
- Individual Coaching Session 1: Completed 2-4 weeks after Acting Patient Encounter 1
- Acting Patient Encounter 2: Completed within 30 days following Group Learning Session 5
- Individual Coaching Session 2: Completed 2-4 weeks after Acting Patient Encounter 2