Buscar Close Search
Buscar Close Search
Page Menu


Students who are traveling abroad with the school and doing clinical work might require medications as well as immunizations prior to travel. Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) medication might be needed for high-risk blood borne pathogen exposures. These medications are taken with you in case you have an exposure and are in a remote location. 

All students are required to make an appointment with a Family Medicine provider prior to traveling with the school by calling (508) 334-8464 or their own PCP to review required immunizations for that country, to discuss other required medical prophylaxis issues, and to discuss the post exposure prophylaxis (PEP) protocol. This should be done 2 months prior to travel so that the proper immunizations can be administered.

If you are traveling for personal reasons, please call your PCP's office for an appointment as this is not handled by Student Health Services. (SHS)

Students are encouraged to go to the CDC website before their travel appointment to review the health risks of the area they are traveling to: http://www.cdc.gov/travel

**If you are required to receive the yellow fever vaccine you will need to contact the travel clinic at 508-334-5481.  SHS does not administer this vaccine.