NursingCAS Applications open September 1st. Application Deadline is March15th.
Four pathways to PhD in Nursing
- Graduate Entry Pathway to PhD
- Admits students with a bachelor's degree in another field to become registered nurses then complete the PhD in Nursing for research careers as nurse scientists.
- BS to PhD
- Admits students who are registered nurses with a bachelor's degree. The purpose if this option is to accelerate the research careers of nurse scientists.
- Masters to PhD
- Admits students who are registered nurses with earned master's degrees; and non-nurses with a master's degree in a health-related field to receive a PhD in Nursing.
- Post DNP to PhD
- Admits students with a DNP degree to prepare them for a research career.
- Undergraduate GPA 3.0 or higher
- Official GRE Scores are required
- Completed Applications submitted to Nursing CAS refer to Nursing CAS instructionsfor admission requirements.
- College Level Statistics Course
- Interview with at least two PhD faculty
- Complete Graduate School of Nursing checklist, submit directly to the Graduate School of Nursing.
- A notarized proof of residency (all applicants, both Massachusetts Residents and non-residents, must submit) (PRINT FORM)
Additional Admission Criteria for Post DNP to PhD
- DNP degree
- Graduate course in Statistics/Data Analysis
- Graduate course in Health Policy
- Graduate course in Biomedical Informatics or equivalent
- Proficiency using SPSS or other data analysis software is preferred (workshop may be required)
- Acceptable GRE scores are required
- 2 letters of reference – 1 must be from the DNP project advisor or equivalent
For more information, please contact:
Carol Bova, PhD, RN, ANP
Professor, Director PhD Program