Online/Hybrid Post Graduate Certificate for Adult Gerontology Acute Care
This is an 19 credit Post Graduate Certificate that can be completed in two semesters full time. Courses will be offered in a hybrid format with flexible course delivery with combination of online and face to face. Students complete 630 clinical hours in an acute care setting with adults and older adults. Graduates are eligible to sit for Adult Gerontology Acute Care NP certification exam given by AACN or ANCC upon successful completion of the program. Applicants must be practicing NPs who are certified as Adult, Adult Gerontology Primary Care, or Family NPs. A review of previous coursework prior to admission will be done to ensure eligibility for certification.
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Pharmacology (For the APRN)
- Advanced Health Assessment (For the APRN)
- Demonstration and successful completion of head to toe physical examination prior to initial course. Failure of head to toe examination will result in repeating Advanced Health Assessment or designated remediation course.
Points of Distinction
- Part of an academic health science center partnership in interprofessional education and practice.
- Access to a world class ranked medical school that includes a state of the art center for simulation and learning community
- A small faculty to student ratio ideal for best-in-class graduate-level education for our accelerated RN and doctoral nurse practice program.
- Faculty committed to student learning who actively practice in acute and community care settings and health care organizations.
Director of Nurse Practitioner Programs
Dr. Jill Terrien, ANP
Coordinator Adult Gerontology Acute Care Programs
Dr. Dawn Carpenter