Search Close Search
Page Menu

Enroll in the ORP

How to Enroll in the Optional Retirement Program (ORP)

Please note: Do not complete enrollment forms or open a vendor account until you are notified of your ORP eligibility by the Benefits Department.

To enroll in the Optional Retirement Program (ORP), you must complete the following steps:

  1. Choose a Provider

You must choose one of the following providers to invest plan contributions on your behalf and provide services to you personally. Please click the links below to learn more about each provider:

blobid29.png   blobid30.png  


2.    Establish Your Provider Account

Once you have chosen a provider, you must set up an ORP account with the provider that you selected. (Note: You must establish an account for the ORP with your chosen provider, even if you already have an account with that company for other purposes).

Click a provider image below to open an account:

blobid31.png   blobid32.png   


3.     Complete the Department of Higher Education Enrollment Forms

  • Notice of ORP Eligibility Letter
  • ORP Enrollment/Change Form
  • Insurance Enrollment and Change Form (Beneficiary Form)
  • SSA-1945 Form
  • MSERS Refund-Rollover Form

These forms are located in the Optional Retirement Program (ORP) section on the Benefit Forms page on the website.

      4. Return all ORIGINAL, SIGNED enrollment forms, along with confirmation of your new provider account via  interoffice or regular postal mail to:


UMass Chan Benefits Department

333 South Street

Shrewsbury, MA 01545