Search Close Search
Search Close Search
Page Menu


The UMass Chan Medical School provides electives to both Medical Students and Visiting Residents. 

Visiting Resident Electives are only accepted from accredited residency programs within the United States.  When selecting an elective, the residency or fellowship program must be contacted first to make sure they have a slot in the schedule for that particular month that you are interested in.

Once a timeframe is approved from the residency/fellowship program at UMass, you must contact the GME office for the necessary guidelines and paperwork.

Medical Student Electives are offered through Student Affairs in the medical school.  Their link will bring you to the home page of Student Affairs and provide you with the necessary information for an elective at UMass.