Emerging Professionals Summer Internship Program (EPSIP)
The Emerging Professionals Summer Internship Program (EPSIP) is a ten-week paid internship experience for talented underrepresented minority college students. This “pipeline” program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to explore potential administrative careers in an academic health science center. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals seeking to apply their skills in a team setting that is dedicated to advancing the health and well-being of the people in Massachusetts and the world through ground-breaking development in education, research and health care delivery. To learn more about the EPSIP Program, go to the Diversity and Inclusion EPSIP website.
Please scroll down to review "Internship Job Descriptions and Application Process".
The Program design offers students a:
- 10 week paid summer business internship (end of May to August) at UMMS internship with an administrative focus in Communications, Business Development, Development, Diversity & Inclusion, Educational Affairs, Employee Assistance, Environmental Health & Safety, Human Resources Administration, IT Engineering, IT Engineering Community Engagement, Website Graphic Marketing
- unique opportunity to be guided and mentored for the world of business in academic medicine
- program includes lectures, networking luncheons, mentoring, hands-on work sessions, resume and job search preparation, and more
- opportunity to discover their passions and interests and discern which career path is best for them
Program Selection Criteria
Students interested in submitting an application for the Program should meet the following criteria:
- must be a highly motivated college student leader
- must have an interest in furthering the mission of UMMS
- must have a strong interest in one of the program's offered fields, such as, Communications, Marketing Analytics, or the other offered fields
- must be a college student currently enrolled in a 2 or 4 year college program
Internship Job Descriptions and Application Process
- To start the process, go to our “Search Career Opportunities” toolbox located in top right side of this page.
- Click the drop down menu for the “Type” field and select “Intern" (part-time or full-time) and a list of available internships will show.
- Go to "Keyword" and write in "EPSIP".
- Review the descriptions and follow the prompts to fill out our online internship applications.
- NOTE: Complete the online application that includes uploading a resume and include a short essay in the "resume" field (the resume and essay should be uploaded as one document). Please respond to the essay question below:
- Please write a short essay demonstrating your diversity competencies through life experiences and state why you would like to enroll in the program. (Please include examples from personal experience, observation, research, and or scholarship. The essay should be succinct and be your original work. It should also reflect an excellent command of English grammar, style and syntax. Maximum length 200 words.)