Center for Health Care Financing (CHCF) Internship
Center for Health Care Financing (CHCF)
The Center for Health Care Financing (CHCF) Summer Internship Program is a 6 month paid internship experience for talented college undergraduate and graduate students. This program is designed to provide students with "hands-on" experience and insight into public programs under the state and federal government. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals seeking to apply their skills in a team setting that supports the state's public programs and brings a national perspective to health care financing issues. To learn more about Commonwealth Medicine's Center for Health Care Financing (CHCF) department, go to the The Center for Health Care Financing (CHCF) website.
Please scroll down to review "Internship Job Descriptions and Application Process".
The Program design offers students a:
- 6 month paid business internship (Sept.– April) at Commonwealth Medicine, a business unit of the University of Massachusetts Medical School, with a focus in health care financing that includes health insurance, financial compliance, IT work, data analysis, project management and more
- "hands on" experience and insight in the work place
- exposure and expansion of public program knowledge under the state and federal government's day to day operations, business meetings and project development
- unique opportunity to acquire career relationships and contacts to help build professonal portfolio
- be guided and mentored for the world of health care financing
- opportunity to discover their passions and interests and discern which career path is best for them
Program Selection Criteria
Students interested in submitting an application for the Program should meet the following criteria:
- must be a highly motivated undergraduate or graduate college student leader
- must have an interest in furthering the mission of Commonwealth Medicine
- must have an interest in one of the program's offered fields, such as, Project Management, Financial Compliance, or the other offered fields
- must be an undergraduate or graduate college student (see required qualifications on job description) currently enrolled in a college program
Internship Job Descriptions and Application Process
- To start the process, go to our “Search Career Opportunities” toolbox located in top right side of this page.
- Click the drop down menu for the “Type” field and select “Intern" (part-time).
- Go to "Keyword" and write in CHCF.
- Hit “Submit” and a list of available CHCF internships will show.
- Review the descriptions and follow the prompts to fill out our online internship applications.