Vitiligo Clinic and Research Center – focusing on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Vitiligo while working for a Cure
What is Vitiligo?
Vitiligo is an autoimmune disease that results in the appearance of white spots on the skin. It affects 0.5-2% of the population (about 1/100 people) regardless of race and gender, and can be psychologically devastating for vitiligo patients due to its disfiguring appearance.
UMass Vitiligo Clinic
Dr. John E. Harris is a board certified dermatologist who specializes in vitiligo, diagnosing and offering treatment for patients in the Vitiligo Clinic at UMass Medical School and Hospital.
Recent Blog Posts
- All Hands-On Deck
- Our new research study in Science Translational Medicine describes a new treatment that may have long-term benefit in vitiligo patients
- Vitiligo, disfiguring disease? Uniquely beautiful? What’s in a name?
- World Vitiligo Day Conference, June 22-24, 2018
- Vitiligo update: Bring on the new year in 2018!
- Vitiligo is important, treatable, and has an exciting future