About the Office
The Office of Community and Government Relations is committed to strengthening its relationships with public officials and community stakeholders, increasing visibility of the Medical School throughout the region and increasing resources for the medical school’s initiatives. In addition the office:
- Advocates with elected officials and other key policymakers regarding UMMS’s primary legislative and regulatory priorities;
- Encourages public officials to utilize us as a resource for informed insight on major medical, health care and research issues with which they are confronted;
- Serves as a resource for the medical school community on governmental issues;
- Identifies and strengthens partnerships with local community and neighborhood organizations; and
- Keeps public officials and the community informed of important medical school developments.
"Over the years of growth, one thing has remained constant; as a public institution of higher education, commitment to public service remains the hallmark of our mission and work."
James B. Leary, Esq. Vice Chancellor, Community & Government Relations