UMass CFAR Summer Student Applications
The UMass Center for AIDS Research (CFAR) Investigator Members are committed to creating long-term career interest in HIV/AIDS research and to expanding the pool of researchers from under-represented minority communities by providing college students with opportunities to work in established research labs during the summer months. There are two possible paths.
1) The UMass Medical School Summer Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program offers specific training slots in UMass CFAR member labs. This ten-week program offers a structured experience, local housing and a stipend.
2) The UMass CFAR provides funds to help support college students who are interested in conducting research in a CFAR member’s laboratory during the summer. The UMass CFAR will contribute up to $1,000 per student (depending on available funding and number of applications) to support research on an AIDS-related topic.
To apply directly to the UMass CFAR for a Summer Student position in a CFAR member lab, each student must provide:
• A letter from a UMass CFAR Investigator indicating willingness to host student
• One letter of recommendation
• An official college transcript
• A current resume
The summer session for 2012 is now filled. Deadline for Summer 2013 applications is May 31, 2013.