Directions to MassBiologics
NOTE: The MassBiologics Walk Hill Campus is located on the grounds of the old Boston State Hospital, bounded by Morton Street (Route 203), American Legion Highway, Walk Hill Street, and Harvard Street. Many road maps and bus route maps still identify 'Boston State Hospital" or "State Hospital."
From the Mass Pike:
- Take I-90 towards Boston/NH/Maine.
- Follow I-90 East until I-95/Route 128 Exit, Exit #14. Merge onto I-95 South.
- Take the Route 9 East exit towards Boston/ Brookline, Exit #20 A.
- Follow the directions immediately below "From the West."
From the West:
- Take Route 9 East to Route 1 South, the Jamaica Way.
- Follow the Jamaica Way (past Jamaica Pond) then follow Route 203 around a rotary and past Arnold
Arboretum, keep to the left over an overpass, straight through a second rotary (Route 203 becomes
- Continue to follow Morton Street/Route 203, pass Shattuck Hospital on your left and Forest Hills Cemetery, on your right.
- Continue under an underpass (American Legion Hwy), and turn right at the next light onto the state hospital grounds.
- The MassBiologics facility is over the top of the hill on your left, just under .5 mile, immediately before the street ends at Walk Hill Street.
From the North:
- Take Route 93 South (across Boston) until you see the South Bay Mall on your right. Look for "Columbia Road/JFK" exit. Take right turn at bottom of ramp onto Columbia Road. Columbia Road will bear to the
left at the intersections of Mass. Ave. and Boston Street.
- Follow Columbia Road until it intersects with Blue Hill Avenue. (Franklin Park Zoo will be across the street.)
- Make a left turn on Blue Hill Ave.; get into right hand lane, follow to intersection of American Legion Hwy. (at Mobil Station); bear right onto American Legion Highway.
- Take a left turn at the first light onto Walk Hill Street. Take the second left onto West Main Street. The facility is immediately on your right.
From the South:
- Off Route 128, take Milton Exit (138 North) follow to and through Mattapan Square (4.5 miles).
- Follow Blue Hill Ave. for .6 miles until you come to Walk Hill Street.
- Turn left onto Walk Hill Street.
- Shortly after crossing Harvard Street, take a right onto West Main Street (.7 miles from Blue Hill Ave.).
- The MassBiologics facility is immediately on your right.