Welcome to UMass Worcester PRC
|Stephenie C. Lemon, PhD & Milagros C. Rosal, PhD
Co-directors, UMass Worcester Prevention Research Center
Welcome to the UMass Worcester Prevention Research Center. We are proud to be a member of the Prevention Research Center (PRC) network funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Our Vision: Optimal health of communities, families and individuals.
Our Mission: To promote health and prevent disease and disability through: real-world community engaged research, evidence-based practice, and education.
We accomplish our Vision and Mission by being:
1) a leader in community health research at UMass Medical School,
- Umass Worcester PRC study finds Facebook to be an acceptable and feasible way to deliver a weight loss intervention
- Karin Valentine Goins' blogs with NACCHO (National Association of County & City Health Officials): How Local Health Departments Can Increase Active Transportation
- New Research: An Evaluation of a Train-the-Trainer Program for Tobacco Treatment Specialists
- Healthy Kids & Families is 1 of 7 Prevention Research Centers featured in the AAMC 2018 Health Equity Research Snapshot
- Implementation Science and the Prevention Research Centers