A Mindful Way Through Depression MBCT Online | CT-201-WEB
What is MBCT?
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) is an 8-week program for people with depression. MBCT combines the practice and clinical application of mindfulness meditation with the tools of cognitive therapy to break the cycle of recurrent depression. For more information on MBCT and to determine if it is right for you, click here.
This program is most beneficial:
- For those who have suffered from recurrent depression
- For those who have been advised to remain on antidepressant medication for the rest of their life to prevent a recurrence, as MBCT may be a welcome alternative
- For those interested in an opportunity to learn a new way of relating to unwanted thoughts and feelings and powerful skills for responding to them in an intentional and skillful manner
What is the MBCT 8-Week Live Online program?
This program addresses the needs of those interested in taking the MBCT 8-Week program with others, but are unable to physically attend the in-person program. The entire course is delivered live through video conferencing. Rather than meeting in-person, participants engage with the teacher and interact with one another through their computer during class time, and for home assignments and practice.
A computer and high-speed internet connection are required. Mobile devices such as phones and tablets are not recommended.
What is the course structure and commitment?
The Live Online MBCT program consists of:
- Orientation (required for enrollment)
- Eight weekly classes, 2 1/2 hours each (31 hours direct instruction)
- One All-Day class on a Saturday or Sunday, between classes 6 and 7
- Daily home practice assignments for 45-60 minutes each day
You must be willing to make a strong commitment to attend all classes and to practice daily home assignments for eight weeks. If you are unable to attend your regularly scheduled class, we encourage you to make up the class by attending a different class that same week.
How much does it cost?
Click here for Tuition and Payment Plans
3 easy steps to get started
- Look at the Class Schedule to determine days and times that work for you.
- Review the Technology Requirements, to make sure you have (or can access) the required equipment for video conferencing.
- Complete the Registration Form
MBCT Live Online Class Schedule - Spring 2019
|Live Online MBCT Classes||Time*||Instructor||Dates||Orientation|
|Wednesday AM||9:00 - 11:30am||Lauri Klein||April 24 - June 12||April 10, 9:00 - 11:30am|
|All-Day Class (required)||Saturday, June 1, 8:45am - 4:30pm|
|*The first class is extended an additional thirty minutes and the last class is extended an additional hour.
Times listed are US Eastern time, Worcester, MA. To check the corresponding time in your time zone, please click here.
|Summer Session begins week of June 24 (registration details TBD)|
The first step toward enrollment in MBCT is an Orientation Session - before the start of classes. These Orientation Sessions are required of all participants before beginning the program. During these sessions you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about MBCT and explore whether it is right for you
- Meet our program instructors
- Experience, first-hand, mindfulness methods and approaches you will be learning during the program
Classes and orientations fill quickly. The best opportunity to select your first choice is now.
The All-Day class is an intensive 7.5 hour session of mindfulness practices intended to assist participants in firmly and effectively establishing the use of mindfulness across multiple situations in their lives, while simultaneously preparing them to utilize mindfulness far beyond the conclusion of the MBCT program.
This all-day class takes place between weeks six and seven. The intensive nature of this session is intended to assist you in firmly and effectively establishing the use of MBCT skills across multiple situations in your life. Having established a daily mindfulness practice during the previous 6 weeks, you will be better prepared to benefit from this class.
*Please note the all-day class for online MBCT also takes place online.
To ensure the best possible experience for all participants, the program relies on video conferencing which has minimum requirements to work properly. That includes having a computer with speakers, microphone, and video capabilities, and a high-speed internet connection.
For the best learning experience:
- Review the computer set-up and requirements for the Blackboard Learning Management System
- Run the browser checker for the Blackboard Learning Management System
- Review the system requirements for the Zoom online meeting platform
- Try out a test meeting
- Test your audio and video in the meeting
- Watch the video tutorial, "Joining a Meeting with Zoom," below: