- MA law requires all students to carry health insurance.
- The University offers one health insurance Plan with BC/BS.
- You have the option to enroll in a plan through UMASS or purchase Insurance with a company of your choice.
- Students may also purchase dependent coverage (spouse, children) for an additional cost after the completion of their enrollment in the Student BC/BC health insurance plan.
- Students may also enroll in an optional dental insurance plan with Delta Dental for an additional cost.
The Bursar’s Office is responsible for assisting students with health/dental insurance enrollment. Please contact the Bursar Office at (508) 856-6612 with any questions related to enrollment in the BC/BS plan offered.
Please click on the link below for an overview of the UMASS Worcester student health plan offered by BC/BS and a summary of benefits: www.universityhealthplans.com
You may also call them toll free at 1-800-437-6448.
Student Health Fee:
The Student Health fee is different from the student health insurance plan.
- This fee is MANDATORY for all students whether or not they have the health insurance plan or their own insurance.
- Half of the fee goes to student counseling service and the other half goes to SHS.
- The SHS half pays for physician and nurse services in the SHS, waiver of co-pay in the SHS, administrative support, and immunizations and infectious disease titers when needed.
The other half of the fee covers Student Counseling Services. This portion of the fee allows these visits to be covered at no cost to the student. Please refer to the Student Counseling link for details. http://www.umassmed.edu/psychiatry/studentcounseling.aspx