Basic Skills for Working with Smokers Online Course - Registration Process
The cost of the online course is $175/person. There are two ways to register:
Using a Promo Code or Credit card payment only - go to this page and follow the instructions. You will get course access within 90 minutes of registration.
Check or Purchase Order payment only - go to this page and follow the instructions. You will get course access after payment is mailed out and received by the registrar.
For Basic Skills Online Course: Cancelation will be permitted if the course has not been accessed. A $50 administrative fee will be charged for each cancelation.
- You will have at least six (6) months access to the course from the time of registration.
- Those taking this course as pre-requisite for Tobacco Treatment Specialist (TTS) Training, must complete it before attending TTS Training. You’ll still have access to this course for at least six (6) months from the time of your registration. Even after you have completed all the course requirements.
- Once you've registered, you'll receive a registration confirmation to the email address you used to register. This serves as a receipt of payment.
- After registration, please allow 90 minutes for your registration to be processed.
- After the 90 minutes has passed:
- Go to https://umassmed.umassonline.net.
- Click on Need Your Password? Under the “Blackboard Learn login” area.
- Using Option 1, enter your first and last name and your username. This is the email address you used to register for the course. For example, when logging into Blackboard Learn, you’ll enter that full email address in the UserName field (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You will be sent an email immediately which will allow you to set your password.
- Follow the instructions in the email to set your password.
- Note - During registration, it’s important to double check to make sure you've entered the right email address. Also for those using organizations/company's email addresses, there could be a spam filter that prevents you from receiving emails. Check your junk mail to see if information on how to set your password was filtered as a junk mail.
- After you successfully log into the course, it’s very important to run through the Computer Set-Up and Requirements checklist. This is located in the Syllabus: Getting Started module.
- Please direct any questions about registration or billing including payment receipt to email@example.com. Non-technical questions about course content, test resets, or certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response during normal business hours.
- Lost, forgotten or looking to reset your password for the course? Please follow the directions in #5 above to reset or obtain a new password.
- Contact the helpdesk with issues such as trouble logging in the course, or for other technical help. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, call TOLL FREE 1-855-789-7056, or visit http://umw.echelp.org/. When you contact them, please let the HelpDesk know that you’re a student at UMass Worcester. You can also get help via live text chat. You will receive a response during normal business hours.