UMass Medical School
Tissue Culture Facility & Custom Media Center
Biotech One, Room 141 & 143
TISSUE CULTURE FACILITY
Offers a variety of cell culture support services to all UMASS investigators. These services are also open to non-UMASS investigators.
Our services include:
- Routine maintenance of cell lines in monolayer and suspension culture
- Cell production (monolayer, suspension and spinner culture)
- Preparation of specialized media and buffers for cell culture
- Preparation of cell stocks for cryopreservation
- Controlled rate cryopreservation of tissue or cell stocks for higher viability
- Centralized cell storage in liquid nitrogen
- Mycoplasma testing
CUSTOM MEDIA CENTER
Open to both UMASS and non-UMASS investigators.
Provides custom made microbiological media for bacterial, yeast, C. elegans, and Chlamydamonas research, including both liquid media and agar plates.
Please contact Louise Ohrn (Louise.Ohrn@umassmed.edu, 508-856-3745), the lab manager, for further information.
LOOKING TO ORDER SUPPLIES?
UMASS Medical School investigators only: Tissue Culture & Enzyme Freezer Supply Center