Have you lost weight?
We are conducting a Research Study of two programs for helping people who have lost weight KEEP IT OFF.
What is the 8-week Program about?
“Keeping Weight off” is a NIH-funded research study for people who recently lost weight and want to maintain their weight loss. This study aims to understand the brain changes that accompany participation in weight loss maintenance programs. You will be randomly assigned to one of the following programs. Each program helps people to keep their weight off::
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Healthy Living Course (HLC)
Who can participate?
You may be eligible to participate if you are:
- Healthy and 25 to 60 years old
- You have lost weight over the past year without weight-loss surgery
|To find out if you may be eligible, take the prescreening survey here.|
This study aims to understand the brain changes that accompany participation in weight loss maintenance programs.
- Even highly motivated individuals find it hard to maintain weight loss over time.
- Research shows there are numerous effective ways to lose weight.
- But most people who lose weight are unable to keep it off.
- Understanding the brain changes may lead to more effective ways to maintain weight loss.
If you are interested in participating, take the prescreening survey here to determine if you may be eligible.
Departments of Psychiatry and Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School
The “Keeping Weight off” study is funded by a 3-year NIH grant.
A PDF flyer is available for this study.