Information Security Guidelines
The Information Security Department has developed guidelines to supplement detailed policies. Guidelines are more practical for every day security concerns, such as Safe Password Management, Encrypting Email and other topics
- Get Anti-Virus Software
- Safe Password Management
- Passwords & Guidelines
- Email Phishing
- Data Erase
- Degausser - Available for use at UMMS IT
- Data Classification Examples
- McAfee AntiVirus
- Vendor Security Checklist
- Information Security Checklist for Internal IT Projects
During Student Orientation and other communications with the Students, the Information Security Department at University of Massachusetts Medical School has developed specific guidelines application to the Student's academic technologies. Materials listed below are also available for Students within BBLearn
- How to send encrypted email.
- Using physical laptop locks.
- Setting password requirements.
- Click here for more information on the Student Laptop Program
Guidelines to be updated...
- Sending Emails Securely
- Secure your Computer (Mac or PC)
- Social Engineering
- Mobile Security
- Information Disposal procedures