The interprofessional Center for Experiential Learning and Simulation (iCELS) at UMass Medical School offers health care systems and professionals an opportunity for ongoing credentialing needs and professional development of physicians, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and other allied health clinicians. Because we are located in Worcester, MA, we are a convenient location for many in the New England area.
Albert Sherman Center (3rd Floor-iCELS)
55 Lake Ave. North
Worcester, MA 01655
For directions to iCELS please visit http://umassmed.edu/icels/about/getting-here/
For a campus map visit http://www.umassmed.edu/about/directions/campusmap.aspx
Registering for Certification Courses:
For course information and registration please select from the course listing below:
For AHA Courses please go into the registration links to see the course listings, dates and times.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) NEW DATES COMING SOON!!
- Fundamental Critical Care Support (FCCS)
- DATE: November 1-2, 2018
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- In order to certify in ACLS, the learner must have a valid BLS certification
- ACLS Initial Course (e-ACLS + 6 hour Skills Session)
- ACLS Retraining Course (e-ACLS + 3 hour Skills Session)
- ACLS + Moderate Sedation Training with AHA ACLS recertification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Basic Life Support CPR for Healthcare Provider (BLS)
Certification Cards are issued within 3 days after the skills session for those who paid in full and completed the course.
E-cards are emailed to the learner only for BLS, ACLS, & PALS courses. ATLS & FCCS receive paper cards.
AHA cards are emailed from: email@example.com
Your AHA eCard
1. Please do not delete that email. If you have, go into your trash or deletes to retrieve it.
2. Check your junk mail if you don’t see it.
3. Please remember to forward the PDF card to your employer/coordinator/medical Staff Services and save it to your computer.
4. If you can not find this email, email Continuing.Education@umassmed.edu to resend your card.
5. If you have already claimed your card and you need a copy of it within the expiration date. Go to www.heart.org/cpr/mycards
e-learning for AHA courses:
1. The learner receives a link for BLS, ACLS, and PALS only. The links are emailed to the learners 2 weeks prior to the registered skills session date.
2. For registrations received within the 2 weeks prior to the course the link will be emailed during business hours.
3. It takes around 1-2 hours to complete BLS e-learning and 4-5 hours to complete ACLS and PALS e-learning. Please DO NOT start e-learning he night before, you may not be successful and you will not be admitted to the skills session.
4. Per AHA guidelines, you will not be able to attend the skills session without completing e-learning.
5. For assistance with online course materials for BLS, ACLS, and PALS, please contact the American Heart Associations customer service line at 1-888-242-8883,
or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Their office is open from 8am-5pm on weekdays, and they are able to provide technical support for any problems related
to the online course.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association, and any fees charged for such a course do not represent income to the Association.