Change of Address Requirements

All UMASS employees who change their address must notify Human Resources by submitting an Employee Record Change Form (scroll down to Employee Record Change Form to assess the form).

All UMMS graduate students must update their current address via the PSSA Student Self-Serve account. In addition to the PeopleSoft Student Administration system's self-service module, students must complete the change of address form located in the Registrar's Office or the Registrar's web site at

Additional Requirements for all non-U.S. citizens

In addition to the institutional requirements for students and employees, all non-U.S. citizens are required to report a change of address to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) within 10 days of the change. 

Individuals in F-1 and J-1 statusIndividuals in other visa statuses (e.g. H-1B, O-1, TN, Pending Permanent Resident, etc.)

Individuals in F-1 and J-1 status:

If your Form DS-2019 or Form I-20 is issued by UMMS

 Notify Immigration Services of your new address within 10 days of the change. When we submit your change of address to SEVIS, this satisfies the change of address requirement for USCIS. 

If your Form DS-2019 is issued by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)

Notify ECFMG of your address change (or change of e-mail address), via the OASIS system, within 10 days of the change.

If your Form DS-2019 or I-20 is NOT issued by UMMS

Notify the appropriate office at your sponsoring institution within 10 days of any change of address.

back to top

Individuals in other visa statuses (e.g. H-1B, O-1, TN, Pending Permanent Resident, etc.)

Notify USCIS of your new address using Form AR-11 (or Form AR -11SR if you are subject to special registration). 

Form AR-11 can be downloaded from the USCIS website, completed, and mailed to USCIS; OR the form may be completed and submitted electronically (this method is NOT an option for individuals subject to special registraion).

Submitting Form AR-11 or Form AR-11SR by mail informs USCIS of your address change. However, it does not tell a USCIS processing center or district office to change your address on a pending petition. Filing Form AR-11 online accomplishes both.

When submitting a paper form, remember to make a copy for your records and mail the completed form to:

Form AR-11 and Form AR-11SR
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Harrisonburg File Storage Facility
Attn:  AR-11
1344 Pleasants Drive
Harrisonburg, VA 22801

back to top