Extending or Changing Status for Dependents

If your dependent is filing for a change of status to H-4 or an extension of H-4 status at the same time that ISO is filing to change your status to H-1B or extend your H-1B status, please submit the following additional documents below to your Immigration Specialist along with documentation required for the H-1B petition.  

Please submit the following original documentation to ISO:

  • Check for $370.00 made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Personal checks, Department checks and money orders are acceptable.
  • Form I-539 (Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status): To ensure that you have the most recent version of this form, download it directly from the USCIS website

Please submit scanned copies of the following items to your Immigration Specialist:

  • Newly printed electronic I-94 for each dependent
  • Passport information pages(s) for each dependent
  • U.S. visa stamp for each dependent
  • Any current or previous I-797 (H-4, O-3 approval notices) forms for each dependent
  • Marriage Certificate for spouse and birth certificate, adoption certificate or other appropriate court document verifying legal guardianship to document child's relationship to the primary applicant, plus certified English translations as needed.
  • EAD (Employment Authorization Document), if applicable
  • If dependent has ever held J1 or J2 status, please provide copies of all Froms IAP-66/DS-2019
  • If dependent is in F-2 status, please provide copies of dependent's I-20.
  • If changing from a primary visa status (i.e. H1B, F-1, J-1, TN) to H-4, additional documentation may be required.  Please contact your immigration specialist for detailed instructions.