Academic Year 2015-2016 Orientation
Welcome to the University of Massachusetts Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. We look forward to an exciting year of study and research. During this time, the faculty and staff of our school will be available to assist you as you encounter each new challenge that graduate studies inevitably present.
Fall Orientation for all students begins Tuesday, September 1
GSBS Academic Calendar
AY1516 Academic Calendar (subject to change)
Lab Rotation Finder
Student Health Clearance Documents
Please see information at the following link regarding the Student Health Clearance policy: http://www.umassmed.edu/gsbs/studentsfaculty/schoolhealth/clearance.aspx
There are two different Health Clearance Forms, so please use the correct one.
- Health Clearance Form for BBS (Basic & Biomedical Sciences) including PGSP, and MPP (Millenium PhD Program) students
- Health Clearance Form for CPHR (Clinical and Population Health Research), MSCI (Masters in Science in Clinical Investigations), and MD/PhD students
- The form must be submitted at least 2 weeks before the start of class and you must be cleared by Student Health prior to your start in order to be paid, attend class, or work in a lab.
- You need to have had a physical exam within one year before your start date.
- Here is the 2-Step Tuberculin Skin Test (TST) Information Sheet referred to on the Student Health Clearance Checklist.
- CPHR, MSCI, and MD/PhD students need to submit the Blood-Borne Pathogen Form.
Please send the completed health form and any supporting documents to:
UMMS Student Health Services
1st Floor Benedict Bldg.
55 Lake Avenue North
Worcester, MA 01655