Pathway to Graduate Study Program Admissions Requirements
US citizens and Permanent Residents who have achieved sound pre-doctoral academic performance in the biological and physical sciences, or who have received a masters degree in public health or in a related social science, but who seek to enhance their academic preparedness and research experience prior to embarking on a PhD, are eligible for admission to the Pathway to Graduate Study Program (PGSP) of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
Candidates for the PGSP begin the application process by visiting the GSBS application web site and opening an application.
A complete application for admission must include all of the following:
- Completed application for admission. Applicants must apply online
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended*
- Graduate Record Exams (GRE) are not required, but must be taken during the PGSP year in preparation for application to PhD programs.
- Results of the TOEFL or IELTS if you do not have a degree from a school where the language of instruction is English.*
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to assess the applicant’s past academic and research performance and prospective success in graduate school. Recommenders must use the online recommendation form contained within the online application.
- Application fee of $80.
- Applications cannot be considered until all of these materials have been received.
*Applicants are required to upload transcripts (official or unofficial) within the application process. GRE and TOEFL (or IELTS) scores should be entered on the application. Official transcripts and score reports are required only if and when applicants matriculate as students.
Application deadline is February 28.