Master of Science in Clinical Investigation Admissions Requirements
Candidates for the Master of Science in Clinical Investigation (MSCI) degree must be a UMass-affiliated MD, DO, DON, DVM, DNP, PharmD, or PhD. While no minimum grade point average is required for entry into the program, students applying for admission must have demonstrated superior academic performance. In addition, students should have some prior research experience.
United States Citizens, United States Permanent Residents, and international students are eligible to apply to the program. Members of underrepresented groups in the sciences and medicine are particularly encouraged.
Satisfactory completion of medical or graduate school from an accredited institution is required of all students.
Application for Admission
It is highly suggested that you submit your online application and personal statement as soon as possible. This will allow the admissions office to open a file for you and assist you as you work towards getting all your supporting credentials. A complete application for admission must include all of the following:
- An official admission online application form through ApplyYourself.
- A personal statement of one to two pages describing your educational expectations, career aspirations, research experience and any special qualifications or experience.
- A current resume or CV.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to assess past academic performance, research experience, and prospective success in graduate school.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
- An application fee of $80.
- Foreign applicants must submit TOEFL scores.
Application deadline: June 1st