MSK Ultrasound Training
The University of Massachusetts Sports Medicine Fellowship is a leader in the field of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound. The Sports Medicine Fellowship has one of the most comprehensive Musculoskeletal Ultrasound training programs. The curriculum comprises formal didactics, musculoskeletal ultrasound conferences, independent study, dedicated musculoskeletal ultrasound clinics, and extensive ultrasound cadaver sessions. The goal is to train our sports medicine fellows to be fully competent in the most current diagnostic and interventional musculoskeletal ultrasound procedures. 100% of our graduates over the past seven years have successfully integrated musculoskeletal ultrasound into their clinical practice.
Specifics of the Curriculum include:
• 3 Dedicated Musculoskeletal Ultrasound clinics per week
• 20-24 hours of dedicated MSK US Cadaver training with 1:1 Fellow-Faculty ratio refining MSK US procedure competency.
• Introductory and Advanced MSK US Conferences
• Formal didactics throughout the year
• Self-Directed curriculum and scanning practice with co-fellow