Underserved Workforce Studies, Health Professions Ed
Underserved Workforce Studies, Health professions ed
- Community Health Workers Using Patient Stories to Support Hypertension Management (NIMHD) – Lee Hargraves, PhD and Warren Ferguson, MD
- AHEC: Area Health Education Center (HRSA) – Linda Cragin, MS
- Massachusetts AHEC Learning and Library Resources Service Program (NLM) – Elaine Martin, DA
- Daria Szkwarko and Olga Valdman. An Assessment of International Family Medicine Faculty Development Priorities. Research Brief – PRiMER (Peer-Reviewed Reports in Medical Education Research). https://journals.stfm.org/primer/2017/johnston-2017-0011.
- Joanne Calista. Moving the Advance Care Planning Needle with Community Health Workers (editorial). Medical Care 2017;55(4):315-318.
- Dan Mullin, Barry Saver, Judy Savageau, Forsberg L, Forsberg L. Evaluation of Online and In-Person Motivational Interviewing Training for Healthcare Providers. Family, Systems and Health 2016;34(4):357-366.
- Stacy Potts et al. Residency Training in Family Medicine: A History of Innovation and Program Support. Family Medicine 2017;49(4):275-281.
- Tina Runyan. “Joy” in the Practice Requires Workforce Wellbeing. Families, Systems and Health 2017; 35(4):513-514.
- Tina Runyan, Judy Savageau, Stacy Potts and Linda Weinreb. Impact of a Family Medicine Resident Wellness Curriculum: A Feasibility Study. Medical Education OnLine 2016;21.30648 (http://dx.doi.org/10_3402/meo.v21.30648).
- Judy Savageau, Linda Cragin, Warren Ferguson, Laura Sefton, and Joan Pernice. Recruitment and Retention of Community Health Center Primary Care Physicians post Massachusetts Health Care Reform: 2008 vs 2013 Physician Surveys. J Health Care for the Poor and Underserved 2016;27:1011-1032.
- Carole Upshur, DM Wrighting, G Bacigalupe et al. The Health Equity Scholars Program: Innovation in the Leaky Pipeline. J Racial Ethn Health Disparities 2017 – epub ahead of print.
- Suzanne Cashman and Monica Lowell (along with UMMS medical students): “Collaborating to Improve Outcomes: An Interprofessional Student Approach to Hot Spotting” (American Public Health Association annual meeting)
- Hugh Silk: “Engaging Health education Programs in Oral Health” (Oral Health for All 2020 Conference)
- Ivonne McLean: “Beyond #WhiteCoats4BlackLives: Perspectives on Racism, Implicit Bias, and Diversity Education within Family Medicine Residency Programs” (Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Annual Spring Conference)
- Lisa Gussak, Phil Fournier, and Anthony Larusso: “Physician, Heal Thyself: Dealing with Substance Use Disorders in Medical Students” (STFM Conference on Medical Student Education)
- Dan Mullin and Sandy Blount: “Building the PCBH Workforce by Developing Non-Clinician Team Members” (Collaborative Family Healthcare Association conference)
- Tina Runyan et al: “Fostering Wellness in the Clinical Learning Environment: A Systems Approach to Caring for Caregivers (AAMC Annual Meeting)
- Jorge Finke
Preparation of Latino High School Students for Careers in Health Care: The Lawrence Mentorship Program
Advisor: Jaime Vallejos, MD, MPH
- Yevgeniya Malinkovich Harrington
Burnout Assessment and Prevention at the YWCA Central MA: Promoting Wellness and Preventing Burnout with the Help of UMass Medical Students
Advisor: Alan Chuman, MPH
Research Forum Topics