Substance Disorders (Opioid)
Substance Disorders (Opioid)
- Dissemination and Implementation of Evidenced-based Treatments for Substance Abuse Disorders and HIV for Justice-involved Populations (NIDA – conference grant) – Warren Ferguson, MD
- Care Coordination for Patients who are Opioid Dependent (MA Department of Public Health) – Dan Mullin, PsyD, MPH
- National Epidemiological Survey of Women in Primary Care Practices: Substance Use and Mental Health Service Needs and Barriers (NIAAA) – Carole Upshur, EdD and Linda Weinreb, MD
- Opioid Overdoses Among High Risk MassHealth Members: An Exploratory Analysis (MassHealth funded) – Judy Savageau, MPH
- Opioid Use Disorders (Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation) – Dan Mullin, PsyD, MPH
- Carole Upshur, Linda Weinreb, Kate Sullivan, Liz DeLaRosa et al. Homeless Women’s Service Use, Barriers, and Motivation for Participating in Substance Use Treatment. Am J Drug and Alcohol Abuse 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00952990.2017.1357183.
- KM Mattocks, Robin Clark and Linda Weinreb. Initiation and Engagement with Methadone Treatment among Pregnant and Postpartum Women. Womens Health Issues 2017 June – epub ahead of print.
- Antman KH, Berman HA, Flotte TR, Flier J, Dennis Dimitri, Bharel M. Developing Core Competencies for the Prevention and Management of Prescription Drug Misuse: A Medical Education Collaboration in Massachusetts. Academic Medicine 2016;91(10);1348-1351.
- S Tran, P Lavitas, K Stevens, Bonnie Greenwood, K Clements, CJ Alper, Kim Lenz, M Price, Tasmina Hydery, JL Arnold, M Takeshita, R Bacon, JP Peristere and Paul Jeffrey. The Effect of a Federal Controlled Substance Act Schedule Change on Hydrocodone Combination Products Claims in a Medicaid Population. J Manag Care Spec Pharm 2017 May;23(5):532-539.
- Tina Runyan, Amber Hewitt, Steve Martin and Dan Mullin. Confronting the New Epidemic: Integrated Care for Opioid Use Disorders. Family, Systems & Health 2017;35(2):248-250.
- Carole Upshur, Linda Weinreb, Kate Sullivan, Liz DeLaRosa et al. Prevalence and Predictors of Substance Use Disorders Among Homeless Women Seeking Primary Care: An 11-Site Survey. Am J Addictions 2017. doi:10.1111/ajad.12582.
- G Griffith, T Kumaraswami, SA Chrysanthopoulou, KM Mattocks and Robin Clark. Prescription Contraception Use and Adherence by Women with Substance Use Disorders. Addiction 2017 April – epub ahead of print.
- Alan Ehlrich: “Highs and Lows of Marijuana Use: Talking with Patients” (Massachusetts Medical Society Symposium)
- Jim Ledwith et al: [**CM; online, the title needs to be italicized] “Treating People with Chronic Pain and Addiction: A Continuum” (FMEC Annual Meeting)
- Dan Mullin: “Rationale and Principles for Medication Assisted Treatment of Patients with Opioid Use Disorders by Integrated Primary Care Teams” (Univ of VT 2016 Transforming Primary Care and Behavioral Health Conference)
- Dennis Dimitri: “Physicians Respond to the Opioid Epidemic: The Massachusetts Experience” (Maryland Patient Safety Center’s Annual Medication Safety Conference)
- Lisa Gussak, Phil Fournier, and Anthony Larusso: “Physician, Heal Thyself: Dealing with Substance Use Disorders in Medical Students” (STFM Conference on Medical Student Education)
- Amber Hewitt and Steve Martin: “Assisting Patient Populations with Addiction Needs” (2017 Annual Learning Collaborative Primary Care Works)
- Steve Martin and Dan Mullin: “Integrated Care Strategies for the Care of Patients with Opioid Use Disorder” (Alaska Primary Care Association’s Annual Meeting)
- Steve Martin, Dan Mullin, James Anderson and Joseph Sellers: “Using Project ECHO to Spread Office-Based MAT: Life-Saving System Transformation” (American Society of Addiction Medicine National Conference)
- Dan Mullin, Amber Hewitt, Lauren Eidt-Pearson and Judy Hsu: “Treating Opioid Dependence as a Chronic Condition in Primary Care: Implications for the Training and Practice of Medical and Behavioral Health Providers” (Collaborative Family Healthcare Association’s 18th Annual Conference)
- Amber Hewitt: “Teaching Harm Reduction: A Critical Skill in Treating Substance Use Disorders” (STFM Behavioral Science Forum)
- Tina Runyan, Amber Hewitt, Steve Martin, and Dan Mullin: “Confronting the New Epidemic: Integrated Care Strategies for Patients with Opioid Use Disorders” (Collaborative Family Healthcare Association)
- Jeremy Vincent (with Judy Savageau, MPH and Joe DiFranza, MD)
Opioid Use Data Registry for QI in Family Medicine Clinic
- Katarina Anderson and Jasleen Kaur
Targeting Adolescent Substance Abuse: The Development, Implementation, and Evaluation of an Optional Enrichment Elective at UMass Medical School
Advisor: Margret Chang, MD
- Jessica Fortin and Jonathan Gammel
Opioid Overdose Policy and Prevention
Advisor: Jeffrey Baxter, MD
- Minh Phan
Rowing to Recovery – Improving Mental Health and Quality of Life in Substance Abuse Disorders Through Rowing
Advisor: Alexa Connell, PhD
Research Forum Topics
- June 16, 2017:
Warren Ferguson, MD – “Implementation Science of Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) of Opioid Use Disorders in 4 Jail and Prison Systems”
- December 15, 2017:
Karen Clements, ScD, MPH and Sai Cherala, MD, MPH (Center for Health Policy and Research) – “Evaluation of Service Models to Enhance HCV Screening and Treatment in Primary Care Settings for Young Injecting Drug Users (IDUs)”
- March 17, 2017:
Kimberly Lenz, PharmD (Office of Clinical Affairs; Center for Health Policy and Research) and Bonnie Greenwood, PharmD, BCPS (Clinical Pharmacy Services; Commonwealth Medicine) – “An Evaluation of the Change in Average Opioid Dose Before and After Sequential Reductions in MassHealth’s Opioid Limits”