Maternal & Child Health / Infant Mortality
Maternal & Child Health/ Infant Mortality
- A Longitudinal Study of Health Care Utilization Among Pregnant and Postpartum Homeless Women and Their Infants (HRSA) – Robin Clark, PhD and Linda Weinreb, MD
- Mindfulness-Centered Pregnancy Initiative at the Family Health Center Prenatal Care Program (UMMS Public Service Award) – Jennifer Moffitt
- Worcester, A Baby Box City: Interdisciplinary Lessons in Community Engagement (Remillard Community Service Award) – Tasmina Hydery, Pharm D, Sara Shields, MD and Cathy Violette
- Worcester Healthy Babies Collaborative (March of Dimes) – Heather Lyn Halley, PhD
- Rapid Access to Perinatal Psychiatric Care in Depression Program (CDC) – Linda Weinreb, MD
- Linda Long-Bellil, Monica Mitra, LI Iezzoni, SC Smeltzer and LD Smith. Experiences and Unmet Needs of Women with Physical Disabilities for Pain Relief During Labor and Delivery. Disabil Health J 2017;10(3):440-444.
- SC Smeltzer, Monica Mitra, LI Iezzoni, Linda Long-Bellil and LD Smith. Perinatal Experiences of Women with Physical Disabilities and Their Recommendations for Clinicians. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 2016;45(6):781-789.
- KM Clements, Monica Mitra, J Zhang and LI Iezzoni. Pregnancy Characteristics and Outcomes Among Women at Risk for Disability from Health Conditions Identified in Medical Claims. Womens Health Issues 2016;26(5):504-510.
- KM Mattocks, Robin Clark and Linda Weinreb. Initiation and Engagement with Methadone Treatment among Pregnant and Postpartum Women. Womens Health Issues 2017 June – epub ahead of print.
- Robert Baldor, Ginny Van Duyne, Stacy Potts et al. A National CERA Study of the Use of Laborists in Family Medicine Residency Training. Family Medicine 2017;49(2):114-121.
- Rosener SE, Wendy Barr, Frayne, DJ et al. Intraconception Care for Mothers During Well Child Visits with Family Physicians: An IMPLICIT Network Study. Annals of Family Medicine 2016;14(4):350-355.
- Wendy Barr, ST Tong and NM LeFebre. Association of Group Prenatal Care in U.S. Family Medicine Residencies with Maternity Care Practice: A CERA Secondary Data Analysis. Family Medicine 2017;49(3):218-221.
- G Griffith, T Kumaraswami, SA Chrysanthopoulou, KM Mattocks and Robin Clark. Prescription Contraception Use and Adherence by Women with Substance Use Disorders. Addiction 2017 April – epub ahead of print.
- Tasmina Hydery, MK Price, Bonnie Greenwood, M Takeshita, PS Kunte, RP Mauro, Kimberly Lenz, Paul Jeffrey. Evaluation of Progesterone Utilization and Birth Outcomes in a State Medicaid Plan. Pharmacotherapy 2017;37(10):1328-1334.
- RM Powell, Monica Mitra, SC Smeltzer, Linda Long-Bellil, LD Smith and LI Iezzoni. Family Attitudes and Reactions toward Pregnancy Among Women with Physical Disabilities. Womens Health Issues 2017;27(3):345-350.
- Monica Mitra, LD Smith, SC Smeltzer, Linda Long-Bellil, N Sammet Moring and LI Iezzoni. Barriers to Providing Maternity Care to Women with Physical Disabilities: Perspectives from Health Care Practitioners. Disabil Health J 2017;10(3):445-450.
- Carole Upshur, Melodie Wenz Gross, Linda Weinreb and Jennifer Moffitt. Using Prenatal Advocates to Implement a Psychosocial Education Intervention for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder During Pregnancy: Feasibility, Care Engagement, and Predelivery Behavior Outcomes. Women’s Health Journal 2016; 26(5):537-545.
- Linda Weinreb, Melodie Wenz Gross, and Carole Upshur. Postpartum Outcomes of a Pilot Prenatal Care-based Psychosocial Intervention for PTSD During Pregnancy. Archives of Women’s Health Journal 2017. https://doi.org/10.101007/s00737-017-0794-s.
- N Byatt, L Pbert, S Hosein, HA Swartz, Linda Weinreb, J Allison and D Ziedonis. PRogram in Support of Moms (PRISM): Development and Beta Testing. Psychiatr Serv 2016;67(8):824-826.
- Melodie Wenz Gross, Linda Weinreb and Carole Upshur. Screening for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in Prenatal Care: Prevalence and Characteristics in a Low-Income Population. Matern Child Health J 2016;20(10):1995-2002.
- Hugh Silk: “Oral Health During Pregnancy” (Massachusetts Dental Hygiene Association Annual Meeting)
- Hugh Silk: “Caring for the Perinatal Patient in the Dental Setting” (Yankee Dental Congress)
- Jennifer Moffitt: “Implicit and Explicit Biases and the Chronic Stress of Racism: Using the Mindfulness-based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP) Model for Decreasing Stress and Increasing Resilience” (ACNM Annual Meeting)
- Jennifer Moffitt: “Mindfulness-based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP): Decreasing Health Disparities and Increasing Resilience” (ACNM Annual Meeting)
- Jennifer Moffitt: “Mindfulness-based Childbirth and Parenting (MBCP): Bringing Mindfulness to Women and Families – Decreasing Disparities and Increasing Resiliency” (Partners in Perinatal Health Conference)
- Jennifer Moffitt: “Addressing Health Disparities and Increasing Resilience: Mindfulness with Women and Families in Low Income, Inner City and Rural Populations” (ACNM Annual Meeting)
- Linda Long-Belil, Monika Mitra et al.: “Barriers and Facilitators to Providing Prenatal Care to Women with Physical Disabilities: Perspectives from Health Care Practitioners” (American Public Health Association annual meeting)
- Linda Long-Belil, Monika Mitra et al.: “Experiences and Unmet Needs of Women with Physical Disabilities for Pain Relief During Labor and Delivery” (American Public Health Association annual meeting)
- Carolyn Langer: “Designing Alternative Payment Models to Support Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs” (Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs annual meeting)
- Virginia Van Duyne et al: “Results from a National CERA Study of the Use of Laborists and Family Medicine Residency Training” (Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Annual Spring Conference)
- Jennifer Long (with Sara Shields, MD and Jennifer Moffitt, CNW)
Centering Pregnancy: Comprehensive Prenatal Care
- Gianina Monestime with Sara Shields, MD and Sara Casey, MD (Family Health Center of Worcester)
Group Prenatal Visits: A 10-Year Review of the Impact on Mother and Baby Outcomes
Research Forum Topics:
- October 20, 2017:
Patricia Seymour, MD, MS – “Breastfeeding Education in the Worcester Family Medicine Residency: Training the Trainers”
- March 16, 2018:
Tasmina Hydery, PharmD (Commonwealth Medicine / Clinical Pharmacy Services) – “Optimization of Pharmacotherapy for the Prevention of Preterm Births”