Intellectual & Mobility Disability
Intellectual and Mobility Disability
- Systematic Review of Oral Health Interventions Aimed to Reduce Health Disparities in Persons with Intellectual Disabilities (AADMD and CDC ) – Alexandra Bonardi, PhD
- Health Surveillance of Adults with Intellectual Disabilities (CDC) – Alexandra Bonardi, OTR/L, MHA
- M Weems, L Truex, R Scampini, R Fleming, Carol Curtin and Linda Bandini. A Novel Weight-loss Tool Designed for Adolescents with Intellectual Disabilities. J Acad Nutr Diet November 2016 – epub ahead of print.
- HI Stanish, Carol Curtin, A Must, S Phillips, M Laslin and Linda Bandini. Physical Activity Levels, Frequency, and Type Among Adolescents With and Without Autism Spectrum Disorder. J Autism Dev Disord 2017;47(30:785-794.
- A Must, M Eliasziw, SM Phillips, Carol Curtin, TV Kral, M Segal, NE Sherwood, L Sikich, HI Stanish and Linda Bandini. The Effect of Age on the Prevalence of Obesity Among US Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Child Obes 2017;13(1):25-35.
- Linda Bandini, Carol Curtin, S Phillips, SE Anderson, M Laslin and A Must. Changes in Food Selectivity in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. J Autism and Developmental Disorders 2017;47(2):439-446.
- Carol Curtin, A Must, S Phillips and Linda Bandini. The Healthy Weight Reduction Network: A Research Agenda to Promote Healthy Weight Among Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Other Developmental Disabilities. Pediatr Obes 2017;12(1):e6-e9.
- Elaine Gabovitch and Emily Lauer. Massachusetts Healthy People 2020 Autism Roadmap for Children and Youth with ASD/DD: Understanding Needs and Measuring Outcomes. http://shriver.umassmed.edu/research/population-health/healthy-people-2020-roadmap.
- Wyatte Hall, Len Levin, Melissa Anderson. Language Deprivation Syndrome: A Possible Neurodevelopmental Disorder with Sociocultural Origins. Soc Psychiatry Psychiar Epidemiol 2017;52:761-776.
- Linda Long-Bellil, Monica Mitra, LI Iezzoni, SC Smeltzer and LD Smith. Experiences and Unmet Needs of Women with Physical Disabilities for Pain Relief During Labor and Delivery. Disabil Health J 2017;10(3):440-444.
- SC Smeltzer, Monica Mitra, LI Iezzoni, Linda Long-Bellil and LD Smith. Perinatal Experiences of Women with Physical Disabilities and Their Recommendations for Clinicians. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 2016;45(6):781-789.
- KM Clements, Monica Mitra, J Zhang and LI Iezzoni. Pregnancy Characteristics and Outcomes Among Women at Risk for Disability from Health Conditions Identified in Medical Claims. Womens Health Issues 2016;26(5):504-510.
- Bill Shaw, J Hartvigsen, MJ Woiszwillo, SJ Linton and SE Reme. Psychological Distress in the Acute Low Back Pain: A Review of Measurement Scales and Levels of Distress Reported in the First 2 Months After Pain Onset. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2016;97(9):1573-1587.
- LR Timsina, JL Willetts, MJ Brennan, H Marucci-Wellman, DA Lombardi, TK Courtney and Santosh Verma. Circumstances of Fall-related Injuries by Age and Gender Among Community-dwelling Adults in the United States. PLoS One 2017;12(5):e0176561.
- RM Powell, Monica Mitra, SC Smeltzer, Linda Long-Bellil, LD Smith and LI Iezzoni. Family Attitudes and Reactions toward Pregnancy Among Women with Physical Disabilities. Womens Health Issues 2017;27(3):345-350.
- Monica Mitra, LD Smith, SC Smeltzer, Linda Long-Bellil, N Sammet Moring and LI Iezzoni. Barriers to Providing Maternity Care to Women with Physical Disabilities: Perspectives from Health Care Practitioners. Disabil Health J 2017;10(3):445-450.
- Laney Bruner-Canhoto, Judy Savageau, Deborah Croucher, Katherine Bradley. Lessons from a Care Management Pilot for People with Acquired Brain Injury, Journal for Healthcare Quality 2016;38(5):255-263.
- K Ekberg, Glenn Pranksy, E Besen et al. New Business Structures Creating Organizational Opportunities and Challenges for Work Disability Prevention. J Occup Rehabil 2016;26(4):480-489.
- A Jetha, Glenn Pransky, J Fish and LJ Hettinger. Return-to-Work Within a Complex and Dynamic Organizational Work Disability System. J Occup Rehabil 2016;26(3):276-285.
- VL Kristman, Bill Shaw, P Reguly, K Williams-Whitt, S Soklaridis and P Loisel. Supervisor and Organizational Factors Associated with Supervisor Support of Job Accommodations for Low Back Injured Workers. J Occup Rehabil 2017; 27(1):115-127.
- C McGuire, VL Kristman, Bill Shaw, P Loisel, P Reguly, K Williams-Whitt and S Soklaridis. Supervisors’ Perceptions of Organizational Policies are Associated with Their Likelihood to Accommodate Back-Injured Workers. Disabil Rehabil 2017;39(4):346-353.
- CJ Main, MK Nicholas, Bill Shaw, LE Tetrick, MG Ehrhart and Glenn Pransky. Implementation Science and Employer Disability Practices: Embedding Implementation Factor in Research Design. J Occup Rehabil 2016;26(4):448-464.
- CJ Main, Bill Shaw, Hopkinton Conference Working Group on Workplace Disability Prevention. Employer Policies and Practices to Manage and Prevent Disability: Conclusion to the Special Issue. J Occup Rehabil 2016;26(4):490-498.
- Bill Shaw, CJ Main, Glenn Pransky et al. Employer Policies and Practices to Manage and Prevent Disability: Forward to the Special Issue. J Occup Rehabil 2016;26(4):394-398.
- VL Kristman, Bill Shaw, CR Boot, GL Delclos et al. Researching Complex and Multi-Level Workplace Factors Affecting Disability and Prolonged Sickness Absence. J Occup Rehabil 2016;26(4):399-416.
- Deborah Dreyfus et al: “Attitudinal Changes in Residents After and Exposure-based Curriculum on Intellectual Disabilities” (Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Annual Spring Conference)
- Elaine Gabovitch: “Solving the Autism Puzzle for Your State: A Review of ASD/DD Planning and Implementation Activities for 4 States” (Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs 2017 annual conference)
- Emily Lauer: “Perspectives from Longitudinal Mortality for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in the U.S.” (American Public Health Association annual meeting)
- Linda Long-Belil, Monika Mitra et al.: “Barriers and Facilitators to Providing Prenatal Care to Women with Physical Disabilities: Perspectives from Health Care Practitioners” (American Public Health Association annual meeting)
- Linda Long-Belil, Monika Mitra et al.: “Experiences and Unmet Needs of Women with Physical Disabilities for Pain Relief During Labor and Delivery” (American Public Health Association annual meeting)
- Santosh Verma et al: “Circumstances of Injury Causing Falls Among Community-dwelling U.S. Adults by Age and Gender” (poster; American Public Health Association annual meeting)
- Linda Long-Belil: “Health Needs of People who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing” (session moderator; American Public Health Association annual meeting)
- Aqib Chaudhry
Preventing Falls in the Elderly
Advisor: Erika Oleson, MD
- Rachel LeBlanc
Caring for Patients with Autism: How to Embrace a “Pediatric” Disorder in an Adult Care Setting
Advisor: Robert Baldor, MD
Research Forum Topics
- November 17, 2017:
Jack Gettens, PhD (Center for Health Policy and Research) – “Geography of Disability”