Integration - Collaborative Care, Interprofessional
Integration – BH, Collab care, interprof
- Center for Evaluating Integration of Oral Health into Primary Care Training (Harvard Medical School / HRSA) – Hugh Silk, MD, MPH
- Care Coordination for Patients who are Opioid Dependent (MA Department of Public Health) – Dan Mullin, PsyD, MPH
- Mindfulness-Centered Pregnancy Initiative at the Family Health Center Prenatal Care Program (UMMS Public Service Award) – Jennifer Moffitt
- Assessing the Collaborative Care Environment in Primary Care (University of Vermont/NIH) – Dan Mullin, PsyD, MPH
- Integrating Behavioral Health and Primary Care for Co-Morbid Behavioral and Medical Problems (PCORI/Univ of VT) – Dan Mullin, PsyD, MPH
- Fostering Effective Integration (Massachusetts Blue Cross Foundation) – Alexander Blount, EdD
- Integrating Behavioral Health and Primary Care for Comorbid Behavior and Medical Problems (Univ of VT/PCORI) – Dan Mullin, PsyD, MPH
- Paula Gardiner et al. The Latino Integrative Medical Group Visit as a Model for Pain Reduction in Underserved Spanish Speakers. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 2017. doi: 10.1089/acm.2017/0132.
- Steve Martin et al. Oral Health and Medicine Integration: Overcoming Historical Artifact to Relieve Suffering. AJPH 2017;107(S1):S30-31.
- Hugh Silk et al. Curriculum Influence on Interdisciplinary Oral Health Education and Practice. J Public Health Dentistry (2017) at: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jphd.12215/full.
- Hugh Silk, E Sachs Leicher, V Alvarado, E Cote and S Cote. A Multi-State Initiative to Implement Pediatric Oral Health in Primary Care Practice and Clinical Education. J Public Health Dent 2017 June – epub ahead of print.
- Judy Savageau, David Keller, Georgia Willis, Kathy Muhr, et al. Behavioral Health Screening Among Massachusetts Children Receiving Medicaid. Journal of Pediatrics 2016;178:261-267.
- Tina Runyan, Amber Hewitt, Steve Martin and Dan Mullin. Confronting the New Epidemic: Integrated Care for Opioid Use Disorders. Family, Systems & Health 2017;35(2):248-250.
- Carole Upshur, Melodie Wenz Gross, Linda Weinreb and Jennifer Moffitt. Using Prenatal Advocates to Implement a Psychosocial Education Intervention for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder During Pregnancy: Feasibility, Care Engagement, and Predelivery Behavior Outcomes. Women’s Health Journal 2016; 26(5):537-545.
- Linda Weinreb, Melodie Wenz Gross, and Carole Upshur. Postpartum Outcomes of a Pilot Prenatal Care-based Psychosocial Intervention for PTSD During Pregnancy. Archives of Women’s Health Journal 2017. https://doi.org/10.101007/s00737-017-0794-s.
- Melodie Wenz Gross, Linda Weinreb and Carole Upshur. Screening for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in Prenatal Care: Prevalence and Characteristics in a Low-Income Population. Matern Child Health J 2016;20(10):1995-2002.
- P Patalay, D Gondek, B Moltrecht, L Giese, Carol Curtin, M Stankovic and N Savka. Mental Health Provision in Schools: Approaches and Interventions in 10 European Countries. Glob Ment Health 2017 May;4:e10.
- Ali Connell and Amber Hewitt. The Clinical Interview in Integrated Primary Care – book chapter in Handbook of Psychological Assessment in Primary Care Settings; Maruish, 2017.
- P Hemming, Amber Hewitt, JJ Gallo, R Kessler and RB Levine. Residents’ Confidence Providing Primary Care with Behavioral Health Integration. Family Medicine 2017;49(5):361-368.
- Sarah Roderick, Nelly Burdette, Debra Hurwitz, Pano Yeracaris. Integrated Behavioral Health Practice Facilitation in Patient Centered Medical Homes: A Promising Application. Family, Systems and Health 2017;35(2):227-237.
- Kessler RS, Auxier A, Hitt, JR, Macchi CR, Dan Mullin, Van Eeghen C, Littenberg B. Development and Validation of a Measure of Primary Care Behavioral Health Integration. Families, Systems and Health 2016; http://doi.org/10.1037/fsh0000227.
- Macchi CR, Kessler R, Auxier A, Hitt JR, Dan Mullin, van Eeghen C, Littenberg B. The Practice Integration Profile: Rationale, Development, Method, and Research. Families, Systems and Health 2016; http://doi.org/10.1037/fsh000235.
- Tina Runyan, JM Austen and L Gildenblatt. Mentorship During Transitions. Families, Systems and Health 2017;35(4):508-510.
- Tina Runyan, Stephanie Carter-Henry and S Ogbeide. Ethical Challenges Unique to the Primary Care Behavioral Health (PCBH) Model. J Clin Psychol Med Settings 2017 June. doi.10/1007/s10880-017-9502-2. http://rdcu.be/tFII.
- Tina Runyan. The Future of Collaborative Care without the Affordable Care Act: We Did it Before and Will Do it Again. Family, Systems & Health 2017;35(1):100-101.
- Tina Runyan. Better Together: Collaborative Family Healthcare Association and the Promise of Team-based Care. Family, Systems & Health 2016;34(4):443-444.
- Laney Bruner-Canhoto, Judy Savageau, Deborah Croucher, Katherine Bradley. Lessons from a Care Management Pilot for People with Acquired Brain Injury, Journal for Healthcare Quality 2016;38(5):255-263.
- Dan Mullin: “Rationale and Principles for Medication Assisted Treatment of Patients with Opioid Use Disorders by Integrated Primary Care Teams” (Univ of VT 2016 Transforming Primary Care and Behavioral Health Conference)
- Dan Mullin: “The Integration Metrics Project” (Univ of VT 2016 Transforming Primary Care and Behavioral Health Conference)
- Steve Martin and Dan Mullin: “Integrated Care Strategies for the Care of Patients with Opioid Use Disorder” (Alaska Primary Care Association’s Annual Meeting)
- Dan Mullin, Amber Hewitt, Lauren Eidt-Pearson and Judy Hsu: “Treating Opioid Dependence as a Chronic Condition in Primary Care: Implications for the Training and Practice of Medical and Behavioral Health Providers” (Collaborative Family Healthcare Association’s 18th Annual Conference)
- Sandy Blount: “Foundational Clinical Routines of Patient Centered Shared Care for Hard to Serve Populations” (18th Canadian Collaborative Mental Health Care Conference)
- Amber Hewitt: “Preparing Physicians to Practice Integrated Behavioral Health: A Competency Based Curriculum” (Collaborative Family Healthcare Association conference)
- Tina Runyan, Amber Hewitt, Steve Martin, and Dan Mullin: “Confronting the New Epidemic: Integrated Care Strategies for Patients with Opioid Use Disorders” (Collaborative Family Healthcare Association)
- Herb Stevenson, Bill Chrisostomidis, Lee Mancini, Pierre Rouzier and Greg Little: “A Multi-Disciplinary Approach to Post-Concussion Management” (New England American College of Sports Medicine annual meeting)
- David McCarthy
Preventing Pediatric Asthma: A Community and Clinical Partnership Approach
Advisors: Warren Ferguson, MD and Sai Cherala, MD, MPH
Research Forum Topics
- April 21, 2017:
David McCarthy, MS-IV (Capstone Project presentation; mentored by Warren Ferguson, MD and Sai Cherala, MD, MPH) – “Preventing Pediatric Asthma: A Community and Clinical Partnership Approach”
- April 20, 2018:
Dan Mullin, PsyD, MPH and Lee Hargraves, PhD - “Advancing the Measurement of Primary Care and Behavioral Health Integration”